"I think we've got some things to talk about," you said, setting down the coffee for Steven and sliding into one of two chairs around a small side table. "Like what happened to the two of you in the Duat, and..." you trailed off as Marc sat opposite you.

"Anything you wanna know, ask us," he said. "don't hesitate." 

"Harrow said a name to you, when you were fighting him... Who's Randall?" Marc fell quiet, and you stuttered an apology. "I'm sorry, I--"

"-- no. You have nothing  to apologise for," he said, clutching your hands. "Let me explain everything..."

***

"So, Marc, you're the... the original," you said slowly, and Marc nodded.

"Yeah," he said.

"I'm the alter love," Steven clarified. 

"But that doesn't make you any less of a person," you said firmly, and he smiled. "I'm so sorry about your brother Marc," you said. "And your mum. All that grief and trauma. You didn't deserve any of that."

"Yeah," he answered, "but on the bright side, without all that shit, Steven wouldn't exist." 

"It's weird innit," Steven said, and then he came to a realisation. "So that's why I never sleepwalked when you were here y/n," he said. "Because you, Marc, you were too shy to show yourself." 

"Too shy?" Marc scoffed. "No. I just didn't wanna scare you both."

You chuckled. "I think you were shy," you said teasingly and he shook his head, denying the accusation. "Awww, Marc, you're shy." Without warning, Marc scooped you up from the chair and threw you onto the bed, jumping on top of you as he reached for your sides, tickling you mercilessly.

"Say it!" he laughed as you did too. "Say I'm not shy!"

"Never!" you cried, fighting back, and your insubordination earnt you a kiss on the lips as both of you giggled. 

"Stay a while," Marc whispered, pressing his body against yours, and you groaned.

"I wish I could," you answered, tugging his hair lightly with your fingers, "but I've gotta go see if I'm fired or not."

Marc was all but yanked back by Steven as he stumbled back, helping you stand. "The museum," he cried. "Oh love, I'm so sorry." 

"Hey, don't be," you said. "If we hadn't have stopped Ammit, I wouldn't have a job to go back to. You think Donna would've survived that?" 

Steven laughed. "No way." 

"Don't get into any trouble whilst I'm gone, ok?" 

He gently kissed your lips. "Have a good day love," he said, and you nodded.

"See you both later," you said, heading out the door.

You practically sprinted back to your apartment, had a shower that lasted all of a minute, and were rushing to the British Museum in sloppy work clothes before your hair was even dry. When you burst through the doors, J.B didn't even look up at you - what a brilliant security guard he was. You headed down through the employees only entrance and into the stock room where you figured Donna would be working inventory, and as you expected, she was standing behind the desk, angrily scanning mini Taweret plushies. 

"Hi Donna," you said timidly, and she snapped her head up towards you, dropping the plushie she was holding.

"Oh my God, y/n," she said. "Where the hell have you been? I don't hear from you for a week. No call, no text. I figured you were dead. I've been looking for new employees."