"It's okay. She is our daughter." Max whispered to me.

We both watched Tasha playing on her own before the doctor came to check up on her.

"Doctor how is she?" Max asked.

"Everything is great. Her vitals are fine. She's a  strong one. Just a few days and she'll be out. Give a week and a half." He informed us.

"Would you like to touch her?" the nurse asked

I slightly nodded. She took me to where the incubator was and told me to put my hand where there was a slight windows. I followed her guide.
She was so soft. Her little fingers held my index finger tightly.

" Baby, mummy is here. "I spoke while tears rolled down my cheek.

" And daddy too. " Max spoke behind me.

He brought his hand and touched Tasha's little hand and mine too. Our little family was now complete.

" Eey! You guys are making me want a baby now. " Gabby complained while taking the other space to hold baby Tasha's leg.

This was everything I needed. My best friend and the person that I loved most with me. And of course Lukah too since he is the father of Gabby's unborn child.

" Ma'am. We need milk for the baby. Here this will help extract milk from your breast so we can feed her using a baby's bottle."

I took it and did exactly what she told me. The days we were in the hospital, that was the trend. Me extracting milk while they fed baby Tasha since she can't be out of the incubator till her incubation period was over.

Days went by quick and a week and a half was over. Doctor Eliakim allowed both Tasha and I to be discharged. Max was so happy that he couldn't contain his joy. Baby Tasha was brought to my room fully clothed. She was so tiny. The only thing she did was suck her little hands.

"You probably should feed her. " the nurse urged me.

Max got the baby and handed her to me

Max got the baby and handed her to me. At first she was reluctant to suckle since she was fed through a baby bottle over the days when she was in the incubator. Later she came around and enjoyed her milk.