Gwain Saga//Re: 003 Business Venture

Start from the beginning

Takeda squinted his eyes at her blunt attitude about politics.

Ami took her invitation with a smile, but Deva reminded her, "Gwain won't let you go..." causing her to weep silently.

Marlow took her's with disinterest, and handed it to Geo. "Go to the party and keep the Princess company."

He immediately stuck out his tongue in disgust and handed it to Takeda. Takeda shrugged and gave the two a thumbs up with closed eyes.

"...Who the hell is he?" Electra asked in confusion.

"Numero Dos of Ami's exclusive bodyguards. He's an adventurer for Queen Gwain herself!" Deva bragged, clearly exaggerating his status.

"Uh... huh. Well, the invite wasn't for freak-show: the squeal." Electra was about to snatch it back, but Takeda jerked his hand away as Marlow glared at her.

"If he's not there I'll tell the council you're handing out invitations against conduct." Marlow's threat made Electra grimace at the thought, but walk off nonetheless.

"Nice, now all you need is Gwain's nonexistent permission." Deva smugly commented.

"Never mind her, Princess, if you explain how important this is for you, she'll understand." Lanney smiled and held up a supportive fist. "The Queen will say—"

"No."

"Why the hell not?"

Everyone glanced at Lanney in disbelief, making her quickly cower at her outburst.

"Sorry... slip of the tongue."

"Don't even think I'll let her go alone." Gwain spoke up with a stern glare at the group.

"Young Master Takeda is her plus one." Lanney added.

"Mm... I still won't allow it—"

"Oh, come on, Ami knows how to defend herself, too!" Deva interrupted.

"I still don't know how many moves she knows—"

"Moves? We taught her some moves alright. Hit it!" Deva and Gwain turned to Agni, who flipped on shades and started a boombox.

Ami started dancing on the beat with ease, impressing Lanney, Marlow, and Takeda, but Gwain stomped her foot in annoyance.

"I didn't mean that and you know it!" She shouted, causing Ami to yelp.

"Queen Gwain," A woman with bobbed hair and glasses approached. "Queen Twain is on hold on the visual portal."

Gwain quickly shoved everyone behind pillars as Deva asked one last time if Ami could go. Waving her off and nodding, Gwain finally returned to the portal in front of her throne, that flickered to life and showed a woman with similar attributes, but a much more valiant and muscular body.her black armor made her figure even more imposing despite the casual stance she held.

"Hey, little sis! How's it going?"

"Twain...! What a surprise! I didn't think you'd call so soon."

"What do you mean? It's been four solar cycles since I last saw my little sister and little Ami." Twain seemed to be a very affectionate and endearing sister.

"Yes, we're fine. Don't worry, relax."

"And of the Silent Gale? Her new Guard—... wait, who's that?" Twain pointed beside Gwain to see Takeda, who hadn't actually been hidden.

Gwain gasped and glared at him, but he only turned to her with a shrug. She quickly tried to remove him from frame, but Twain called to him.

"And who might you be?"