7- The nightclub.

Lando's pov

The noise from the speakers hit my ears with impressive power. I had been dancing with Carlos and Daniel for a good ten minutes, and I was laughing so hard. We were like children.

As I turned towards the entrance, my eyes landed on Ashley. I didn't expect to see her here, but it made me all the happier. I smiled until I saw who was next to her. My smile disappeared in an instant.

Charles was to her right and began scanning the rooms.

But him being next to her wasn't the problem. He held her hand. Why the fuck was his hand in Ashley's ? I knew damn well we weren't a couple or anything, but seeing him so close to her was driving me crazy.

Since I had known him, Charles had always gotten everything he wanted from his relationships. Ashley was there, the only girl I wanted to be with more than anything in the world, but he couldn't even help himself.

I knew I couldn't match Charles Leclerc. This made me even angrier and made me want to break his jaw.

How could she hold his hand after the way he treated her ? This guy didn't even deserve to speak to her.

I watched Ashley let go of his hand and walk towards the bar, her face closed.

I then headed towards her. I needed to know that I was making up my mind. That nothing was happening between them. It would have killed me.

Arriving at her side, I realized that she was as beautiful as always. I put my hand on her arm so she would turn around and notice me. She wore simple jeans with a black top, but she looked perfect. I think even in her pajamas, Ashley still looked the most gorgeous. The most beautiful woman ever.

Ashley's pov

I was in the middle of the crowd when Lando appeared in front of me. His white shirt was a little undone and his hair looked slightly wet, which made him look even better. The music got louder and louder and everyone around us was dancing.

"Lando, great, you're the one I wanted to see." Were the only words I could find to say

I was already starting to feel hot, my throat burned as the words struggled to come out of my mouth.

"I didn't think you'd be here. How did it go with Andrea ?"

I felt like he was forcing himself to smile at me, and I didn't like it at all.

"Look, it's a long story. He and Frédéric were mad at me and Charles and..."

I almost had to scream for Lando to hear me. At the mention of Charles, his face grew harder.

"About him, why did you come with him ? Are you with Charles or something ?"

All that was really missing was... I was supposed to tell him the truth when no one was supposed to know ? All of this had to remain secret, and telling Lando was not an option.

"Lando, it's much more complicated than that..."

"Okay, then tell me."

We were jostled in every direction and yet, it was as if it was just the two of us. I was going to tell him everything. Explain everything to him. Telling him that I had to, even if I didn't want to. But at that moment, I feel a hand slip around my waist. Turning my head, I meet Charles's gaze again. He stands there, standing next to me, smiling provocatively.

"Hey Norris, how's the party going ?" he asks, his hand still on my hip

Lando's eyes follow Leclerc's every move, a smile completely absent on his lips.