Chapter 1: Burned At Both Ends

"So, this is the end then?" A particular green-haired teenager asked.

"Oliver, you know it's not that simple. I – "The vastayan trailed off.

"Just... just save it Ahri. Good luck I'll see you around." Oliver interrupted. He took off a simple silver ring with a black chain in the middle and gave it to her. She started to try and reach out for him, but he just walked off.

~ Time Skip 8 years later~

A phone started to ring on the nightstand, "Hello?" a groggy voice asked.

"Oliver! Why aren't you answering the door? You know we are supposed to hang today and -" the voice on the other end was asking before the small sound of a scuffle and another voice came through, "Sorry you know how excited Ekko has been for us to all hang out now that we're off tour."

"It's fine Yasuo I'm coming now." Oliver responded basically rolling out of bed. He opened the door to see the duo one with a slightly pissed off expression on his face.

"Well you are you going to stand outside, or do you wish to invade my humble abode?" Oliver asked a slight sarcastic tone on his face. The pair walked in, taking in the simplistic look of the apartment aside for the wall covered in hanging guitars.

"I thought you guys were on tour for another few weeks still?" Oliver asked, grabbing an energy drink from his fridge.

"It got cut short due to some, let's call it disagreements with the venues about the pricing." Yasuo answered.

"Enough about us Oliver man how have you been?!" Ekko essentially hollered.

"Ekko volume please I just got out of bed. But it's going I released the first EP and have been playing some underground venues right now. I played last night hence why I was still asleep at one in the afternoon." Oliver responded, "Give me a second to get dressed and we'll go grab some grub and catch up."

Oliver walked back into his bedroom changing into a simplistic outfit of black chucks, faded blue jeans, a black t-shirt with a skull and hourglass on it and his usual denim battle vest.

"So do you guys want to head to the usual spot?" Oliver asked, throwing his phone keys and wallet into his pockets.

"Sounds good to me. What about you Yas?" Ekko looked over at his band mate.

"That'll be fine let me text Qiyana and Senna." Yasuoo pulled out his phone and shot off the text, "It looks like they want to bring Akali along."

A residual "sweet" was heard from Ekko while Oliver just shrugged. The Trio left the apartment excited to reunite and see what the day would bring.