now they don't feel the guilt of skipping practice.

"wanna head for some coffee?" shubman asks.

"will have to pass, sorry man. i got to meet her."

"oh, aditi?"

ishan nods. "she needs some company for shopping, she says."

shubman chuckles. "isn't that what couples do?"

ishan waves him off. "move it, gill."

"alright, alright. bye," he gives ishan a side hug as they part ways.

rohit and virat have a meeting with the board so everyone has their afternoon off, and shubman is bored out of his mind. he has already been to half the team's rooms to find someone as unoccupied as him.

good thing surya exists.

"i can't believe you're married when you spend all your time cooped up in your room," shubman says as he enters.

"hello to you too mr. can't be in a relationship because he's obsessed with ishan," surya says without looking up from his phone.

shubman groans as he plops down next to surya. "im not obsessed with him. he left me to go shopping!"

"you just denied and proved my words in the same line, bravo."

shubman tugs at surya's sleeves. "hey, let's hang out."

"we are hanging out right now."

"well, this 'hang out' feels very one-sided to me since you're just scrolling instagram. you're not even listening to me, are you?"

"hmm."

"oi!" shubman bumps surya's elbow to get his attention.

surya sighs and puts down his phone.
"i'll keep my room locked from now on."

"bhai, let's go to the mall."

"mall? who even goes to mall anymore?"

"people, surya bhai, people."

"like a normal mall? no way, we're gonna get mobbed and the paparazzi will be there in no time."

well, that's true.

"nothing could go wrong with a hoodie, cap, shades and a mask," shubman says.

"nah, the mask will make it more suspicious. this is not tokyo or seoul."

shubman gets up to grab his clothes. "alright then. let's get ready. i'll be back in five, c'mon, be quick!"

surya sighs to himself. "he's such a kid."

"hey, i think that girl has been staring at us for too long now. stop smiling, your dimples give it away!"

surya and shubman walk off in another direction to avoid...keen observers.

"why are we even here?"

"let's watch a movie," shubman suggests.

"eh. alright, i'll go get tickets. you go and get food."

surya shouldn't have trusted the guy because when he's back, shubman is nowhere to be seen.

it's totally a coincidence that ishan decided to go to the same mall. it's not like shubman knew about it.

he's about to go say hi but hesitates once he sees aditi next to him, their arms interlinked. maybe he shouldn't interrupt their private time.

ishan doesn't really talk a lot about aditi. he just says that they're getting to know each other, whatever that means. hasn't it been a few years already, though?