~Ice rink~

✿✿✿

"Why couldn't we just skip practise and go to the party?" Nate whines. "Once it's over if everyone's still there we can still go you know." I smile focusing on the road. "Yeah but I got the whole of college of Uni to focus on Hockey. I should be the hockey player at the high school party getting all the girls tonight." Nate sighs. "Oh what a hard life for you" I giggle pouting. "Shut up. You wouldn't understand because you're just a huge loner that's in love with my friend." Nate smiles. "I'm not in love with him." I say as I regain my posture. "Oh sure." He reply's sarcastically. "Nate I can function without him." I smile. "I know but I don't think he can function without you." He smiles. "Oh yeah? Then why were you so hesitant about us dating?" I ask. "I have a feeling that might be held against me forever?" He asks. "Oh it's written down and book marked." I chuckle.

~

We get to the ice rink and I see all the hockey players in the locker rooms already. "Hey man what's up?" Nate asks walking into the locker rooms dapping up almost everyone. I walk through the glass doors to the stand and sit down. I go through my phone as the hockey practise goes on. Occasionally looking up and seeing Nate slam a guy to the ice. He seemed to be slamming this one guy over and over again. Onto the ice, into the wall and the pit. I squint my eyes and see his expression. I knew it wouldn't give much away since he's usually got a nonchalant expression the whole time. But not today, he was angry and annoyed but I brushed it off because of the party and go back on my phone.

I hear the ref blow his whistle and look up expecting that to be the end but it was Nate being send off. I jump down the stairs and jog over to the pit. "Hey what's all that about?" I ask. "Nothing." He answers gruff. "You sure? Doesn't sound like nothing." I ask again. "Cora I said it's nothing now leave me the fuck alone." He says before shoving his mouth guard back in. "Alright then." I say patting his shoulder. I go back up to the stand and out in my AirPods as I watch the real house wife's of some random rich city, not giving a flying fuck.

I hear the final whistle blow and take out my AirPods before walking down to the lockers. I sit on one of the benches and change into my boots. "Heyy" I smile as I see Nate shoving his stuff into his bag. "You sure your okay?" I ask. "Yep." Is all I get back. "Okay well here's the keys if you want to go out your bags in the car." I say handing him my keys. Me nods and walks out the lockers as I wipe off my blades and put my guards back on before walking to the side of the rink.

"Cora." Mrs. Darwin said welcoming me in.

Mrs.Darwin one of the nicest figure skating coaches in the history of the ice rink here in Boston. Little plump, pure white boots, blonde hair tied up in the slickest and highest pony tail you've ever seen, pale white skin, and rosy cheeks.

"Hi Mrs.Darwin." I say with a smile. "Aw I've missed you!" She smiles as she gives me a warm hug. "Okay, well I think it's just you today." She smiles. We do practise working on our lift off spins and normal spins. We're taking a five minute break and I look up into the stand expecting to see Nate probably head down looking at his phone. Instead I see another head. One similar but different hair colour. "Mrs do you mind if I just go over there really quickly?" I ask "three minutes." She says abruptly. I skate to the other side of the rink and crouch as I see the person who was sitting on the stand.

"MATT?!" I yell. The head shoots up as blue eyes meet mine. "Hi" he mouthed and waves. I look over at the door that just opened and seen Nick and Chris. They come over and run and hug me. "What are you guys doing here?" I ask in a chuckle. Matt came down to join us. "The party was dog shit." Matt smiles. "Yeah so we came down to see what was so important." Nick adds.

"Great I'm away to do my full performance do you wanna see it?" I ask, earning a lot of nods. "CORA!" I hear from the ice. "Oh, gotta go love you!" I yell skating back into the ice. "Who's the brunette one?" Mrs Darwin asks. "they're all Brunette Mrs." I say. "Oh. The one that's got a crush on you.." she says. "What?" I ask. "The ones that was looking you up and down." She smiles. "He was standing in the middle." She adds on. "Oh that's Matt." I smile. "Okay I want you to imagine Matt is in the middle of the ice. You have to do your whole performance without touching him or going near him. Okay?" She asks. I nod in response.

I start my performance and do it almost perfectly. But there's always an imperfection. "Alright that's enough for today. I'll see you next week hon." She smiles. "Alright thank you Mrs Darwin!" I whisper shout as I skate off the ice.

I walk into the lockers and change my boots. "MATT!" I shout as I spot him coming into the reception. I just up onto him and hug him while I wrap my legs around his torso. "You were amazing out there." He giggles. "Thank you." I whisper. We hear someone clear their throat behind us. I look over and see nick and Chris standing there. "Oh um..." we both say as I hop off Matt. "YOUR SKATINGS SO GOOD!" Nick shrieked "AHH THANK YOUUU!!" I Shriek back. "It was SOOO good!" Chris compliments. "Thank you Chris." I smile as I give him a side hug. "My legs hurt." I complain "Here let me give you a piggy back." Matt offers as he couches a little . I hop onto his back and wrap my arms and legs around him getting warmer from his body heat. We walk out the car park and I see Nate in my car. "He's been weird all practise." I complain to Matt. "Mhm. Want me to talk to him?" Matt asks. "Go for it." I say as I hop off his back.

Matt walks over to the car and knocks on the window. "Hey Nate." He smiles. "Oh hi Matt." Nate says back as he lowers the window. "What's wrong bro?" He asks. "Just a guy at hockey." He sighs. "Wanna talk about it?" Matt offers. "Jump in." Nate says. Matt gets in the drivers seat and turns to him.

"One of the guys in my hockey goes. 'That your sister up there?' And I go yeah? And then he whispers in my ear. 'I had her in my sheets last summer.' And it made me mad because you know it's my sister and we weren't even here last summer. So he's just a lying bitch." He rants. "Oh. Well hockey guys are stupid." Matt says processing everything that was just told to him. "Listen, next time we see him or he says that shit again we're gonna deal with him, yeah?" Matt laughs. "Deal." Nate smiles. A silence fills the car as the boys rest their heads and the head rest. "Matt." Nate begins. "Yeah?" He asks . "He also did something else." He whispers. "Okay, what did he do?" Matt asks. "I finally had a girl friend and things where awesome and she was great and I actually really liked her. And then he told her to break up with me or else he'd kill me." Nate says. "Oh my god. I'm sorry dude" Matt says leaning over the seats and hugging him. "I'm sorry when I was so harsh on you and Cora I was projecting. But please don't tell Cora about the hockey guy." Nate begs. "Lips are sealed" Matt says as he steps out the car.

——————————————————————

Sorry pookies.

Ive been busy with essays and catching up on homework. (I watched every 2000's rom con.)

Anywayyyys. Love you soooo much!!<333

(1418 words)