Chapter 4-Exploration

Despite being worn out from her journey Cassandra's internal clock woke her early. Years of living in Kamar Taj had conditioned her body to wake with the dawn. The first thing she did is take a shower in the attached bathroom, washing off days of blood, sweat, and grime.

Combing out the knots in her messy hair was a different story. It never stayed orderly on the best days and even after being washed three times still smelled vaguely of smoke.

Cassandra enlisted 3P0 to weave her hair into a French braid and help her pull on a pastel pink cashmere sweater and a pair of jeans.

The droid slid the sling over her arm, securing the limb against her chest. The bacta stuff sped up healing so she probably wouldn't need the sling for much longer.

Hooray, for alien medicine!

"Anything else miss?" 3P0 asked.

Because of the high-altitude Anakin's suite was faintly chilly. She had the droid drape a fluffy white pullover over her sweater and 3P0 shuffled off to finish breakfast.

Cassandra's stomach grumbled. She unpacked a few items from her suitcase and then went in search of breakfast.

 She unpacked a few items from her suitcase and then went in search of breakfast

Off the kitchen a small breakfast nook overlooked the city. 3P0 puttered around the table setting a bundle of cloth-wrapped silverware beside each of the two place settings. There were only two chairs which made her think Anakin didn't have visitors often. "Ah, do you require further assistance, Miss Pierce?" He said when he noticed Cassandra hovering.

Cassandra glanced at the bowl of fruit the droid held. "Need help with anything?"

The droid drew himself up, offended. "My Stars! You are a guest, Miss Cassandra! I cannot I possibly allow you to help! It's unthinkable!"

'My streak of pissing people of continues Oh, goody.' She sighed and pulled out a chair at one end of the table. "Sorry, 3P0, I didn't mean to make you mad."

Mollified by her apology, the officious droid poured her a steaming cup of...something. "Ellberry tea."

Examining the amber liquid in the stoneware mug, Cassandra took a cautious sip uncertain what alien tea might taste like. Smoky flavors rolled over her tongue accompanied by hints of unfamiliar herbs.

Ellberry tasted almost like Earl Grey mixed with a pekoe, a pleasing combination. "Mmm...its good."

A cup of well-brewed tea was the way to her heart. Cassandra was like a Hobbit who craved the simple comforts of home like a cup of tea, a hot meal, and a good book.

Looks like she'd be getting two out of three this morning. Cha-ching!

3P0 straightened his back with pride. "It's my own special blend. You won't find anything like elsewhere in Coruscant. Master Anakin enjoys a good cup in the morning before attending to his Jedi duties."