𝟎𝟕𝟑: 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

Start from the beginning

"I'm the only Kanto Manji Gang member that's talked to her since Toman's disbandment," Koko says obviously, "Even so, she and I aren't exactly buddies."

The two are silent for a moment again. "Is she... Always like that?" Mikey asks. Koko lowers his laptop slightly to look at Mikey better. This is the first, in a while, Mikey was starting a conversation.

"Only to me," the black-haired boy answers. "I'm former Tenjiku, remember? She resents everyone who used to be in that gang."

"Yeah, I guess that makes sense," Mikey comments.

It was silent, yet again, between the two. Koko waited for a minute before propping his laptop back up again. Seeing that the conversation died down.

"She..." Mikey starts again.

Koko began to feel irritated with the back and forth of silence, talking, silence and talking again.

Either a full conversation or complete silence, pick one! Koko thinks, staring at Mikey agitatingly.

Koko was already busy dealing with businesses for the Kanto Manji Gang on the laptop. So, not only was Mikey annoying him but also disturbing the boy from doing work. Work involving the gang Mikey is the leader of.

"She looked cute..." Mikey quietly finishes his sentence. "She had a little pout when she said my name..." He looks away, covering his mouth with his palm. Staring back out the window.

That's it...? Koko was in disbelief. Was that really important to tell me...?

"You should've talked to her then. Would've seen her face, full view!" Koko says sarcastically.

"I can't," Mikey replies. He sounded serious. Kokonoi sighs. Wondering how long Mikey could keep up this 'act.'

He obviously still wants to see her, yet he doesn't allow himself to. I'm sure the girl would be stoked to have a chance to talk to him again. Koko sighs and goes back to work, seeing the conversation has died. Yet again.

There's no chance she's the same. Mikey thinks, comparing your future self with you now. She won't be bold enough to get to me first thing in the battle. I shouldn't stress over it. I'll win regardless.

'Do not follow me. I am unworthy of you.'

I still mean that. But why...?

The image of you smiling at Chifuyu plays in his head. How you held onto the boy, riding a passenger on his bike.

Why did I feel angry seeing her with another guy?

I wanted her to forget about me. She deserves better than me.

But...

What's better...

Than me?

"I'm going to bed," Mikey abruptly gets up and starts walking. "Goodnight," Koko replies, watching Mikey open the door to his room.

What's up with him now? Koko observes from the tone Mikey used to talk.

The door shuts close.

Mikey takes his elastic off and lets his hair down. His scalp feels relieved. He lazily combs through his hair with his fingers before sitting on the bed.

Did the future change now that she knows everything that happened? Is she alive in the future? Am I? Mikey ponders.

Is she happier now?