⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ Raw Wounds

⠀"In penance for their uprising, each district shall offer up a male and a female between the ages of 12 and 18 at a public "reaping" These tributes shall be delivered to the custody of the Capitol

⠀"In penance for their uprising, each district shall offer up a male and a female between the ages of 12 and 18 at a public "reaping" These tributes shall be delivered to the custody of the Capitol. And then transferred into a public arena, where they will fight to the death until a lone victor remains. Henceforth and forevermore this pageant shall be known as "𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝑮𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔." ⠀Treaty of Treason.

THE HUNGER GAMES.
¹𝒓𝒂𝒘 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒔 ━━ written by liv.

PREFERRED SETTINGS.
hoefler font & smallest size
(black) or white background
scrolling  viewing mode.

⠀Cannon was the most memorable sound that year of the Games. It didn't matter that it was an annual thing, something that lingered in people's mind. No matter how often it was heard, the 75th Hunger Games became one of the most known games in Panem. It was mainly due to the fact of losing their beloved victors, their personal favorites.

⠀That sound rang throughout the arena. It echoed off the screen and through the districts when Katniss and Peeta had fallen. It had been Peeta. He was the first to go of the two. Then, Katniss, in a shocking death. Quite literally.

⠀Without them, without the 𝒎𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒋𝒂𝒚, there was no more fight throughout the districts. No more talk, at least not as often of a chance. They'd lost their symbol of hope, their illusion of escape.

⠀Like the flicker of a flame, this revolution ended quietly.

⠀There's one thing Florence Lockheart knows: she doesn't fit in with her district. Every year, every day spent training for the Games, she spends distanced. She doesn't focus on the Games like the others, doesn't anticipate it. There isn't an ounce of desire in her to participate in the training, let alone go through with actually volunteering for the Hunger Games.