𝟹𝟾| 𝐎𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

Just as he exited through the door, Hallie had walked in right after him.

"Hallie!" You called out to her, gaining her attention. A big smile sprawled across her face when she saw you waving her over, and she quickly cut through the line to get to you.

"Hey!" She greeted happily, then glanced around. "Where's Sid?"

"Oh, you just missed her. She already went backstage."

"Damn, I wanted to wish her luck." She pouted, making you chuckle.

"Have the Delta Lambdas been keeping you busy?" You teased.

"Ugh, you know it." She groaned. "Being in a sorority is not for the weak, they—"

"Hello girls," A voice greeted when you felt an arm drape across your shoulder. You looked over to see Mickey displaying a sneaky grin as his other arm rested on Hallie's shoulder. "Have you guys heard about the rager being thrown by the Omega Kappa Betas tonight?"

"Another one?" You asked, hardly believing it. The party truly never stops.

"Come on, we have to go. You can look at it as a celebration for Sidney's first successful night as the starring role." Mickey tried to sound convincing.

"Are you sure Sid will be up for it?" Hallie asked. "I barely convinced her to go to the last one."

"Well, this is different because there won't be two chicks following her around like last time. And it's a Halloween party." Mickey wiggled his brows suggestively.

"We have to wear costumes?" You questioned dreadfully as you did not have time to go to Spirit Halloween for an outfit. Nor did you want to.

"Not mandatory, but I wouldn't mind seeing you dress in something risqué." Mickey said to you, and your eyes automatically rolled.

"Yeah, that's not happening." You laughed out, shrugging his arm off. You noticed Hallie's split-second scowl before pointing up ahead.

"Look, it's our turn." She said, and you saw that you were next at the ticket counter.

The three of you swiftly bought your tickets, and you made sure to buy an extra one for Dewey, hoping he'd make it back on time.

"I'm gonna use the bathroom before the play starts," Hallie announced. "You two go ahead."

"Okay, we'll see you inside." You told her, and she left in the opposite direction while you and Mickey headed to the auditorium.

"Jesus, it's packed in here." Mickey spoke in awe as the sound of chattering voices only grew louder.

"Well, what'd you expect?" You asked, looking around the room for your assigned seats. After spotting your row, you grabbed Mickey by his elbow and guided him with you.

"No, no, no, what do you mean the studio is cutting my movie? You told me that I'd finally get to direct a real classic lo–"

"Oh, shit–" You blurted out after a man wearing glasses suddenly walked out into the aisle, causing you to crash into him. You instantly bent down to pick up his phone which fell to the floor.

"I am so sorry." You apologized, handing it back to him.

Though, as he took the phone from you, you couldn't help but observe his face for a moment. His features seemed so familiar. You couldn't pinpoint who he looked like exactly.

"No, it's alright." He brushed it off before carrying on with his conversation as he left the auditorium.

"Hey, are you okay?" Mickey asked, pulling your gaze from the man.

"Yeah, I'm fine." You nodded, a little dazed. You were still trying to figure out why you felt like you recognized him.

However, that thought was put to a halt when you seated yourselves. It wasn't long before everyone quieted down as the curtains were drawn back, signaling that the play had begun.

It wasn't until now that you realized how good of an actor Sidney really was. Her emotions felt so raw during her performance like she was channeling all her feelings into her character.

"All behold the dreaded fate of Troy that once stood proud and light upon the hills of Sparta!" The chorus elders chanted, crowding Sidney who was masked behind a red cloak.

You watched eagerly as she slowly rose through the fog, unveiling her face to the crowd. You were too focused on the play that you hadn't realized Hallie never returned.

"No crime against Gods or man have I committed saith to speak the truth," Sidney pronounced each word clearly and with strength as she slowly backed towards the middle of the stage. "And each hideous vision born from my mind has come to pass."

Your eyes were drawn to the set behind Sidney as a few bricks crumbled from the wall. No one else seemed to notice this, but the alarming sight had worried you as it could potentially harm the actors.

You leaned forward in your seat as Sidney took a single stride to her left as she continued, "Troy has fallen, not by my hand or wish but as I foresaw—"

Someone let out a scream as one of the hanging props had fallen from its rope. You abruptly stood, panic written across your face as Sidney was directly under it.

"Watch out!" A male cast member dressed as one of the elders shouted before pushing Sidney out of the way, getting hit instead.

A few more screams ensued as he collapsed to the floor, blood leaking from his head. The people on stage ran to help him while others shouted for someone to call an ambulance.

Murmurings had kickstarted from the crowd, and people began to scramble from their seats to leave the auditorium. However, the look of pure horror on Sidney's face as she stood frozen on stage was one you wouldn't forget.

Someone had cut the rope.