𝟹𝟻| 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐦

Start from the beginning

Your question was targeted at both of them as things were about to get much more complicated. You weren't even sure how you would spread this information to Dewey without going into detail on how you came across this new lead.

"Well, where'd the one you were chasing go?" Billy asked Stu, blatantly ignoring your complaints.

"I'd lost sight of 'em." Stu said before shifting to look at you. "So, I came back to find you. I shouldn't have left you alone."

Stu stepped around Billy like he was a mere obstacle as he approached you, staring down at your wound that still stung like ice.

You weren't given a chance to reply as Billy grabbed your other uninjured arm to intervene, "I'm taking you back to your dorm, and you're gonna stay there until morning."

There was no point in arguing with him as you knew he was right. You weren't willing to take any more risks tonight.

"Stu, be useful for once, and go see if you can track them down." Billy ordered. As he pulled you along with him, you felt your hand graze Stu's. His fingers curled slightly at the gentle touch before you passed by him, exiting the corridor.

The walk from the film building to your dorm was a quiet one. Neither you nor Billy said a single thing, mostly because you felt uncomfortable around his tense energy.

When you arrived in front of your door, you expected him to leave but he just stood there expectantly. "Are you coming in?" You questioned, struggling to conceal your bewilderment as you unlocked the door.

Billy quirked a brow at your sudden nervousness, "Just checking for killers, Orth. No need for sweaty palms."

"I wasn't thinking dirty." You clarified.

"Never said you were." He countered, and the corner of his lips curved upward in amusement.

Just as you were about to push the door open, Alice swung it open as she was on her way out, looking hot and ready to party.

"Oh! Y/n," She gave a surprised smile as she looked at Billy, then back to you, seemingly pleased. "Another one?"

"Uh, that's not–"

"Oh, don't be shy. Women should always keep their options open. I know I do." She stated confidently before scanning Billy up and down. "Hey, you kinda look like the killer from that movie Stab. Has anyone ever told you that?"

You tried your best not to laugh as Billy scowled in response, "No." He muttered.

"Now that you bring it up, he does kinda look like him." You added, feigning astonishment as you turned to look at Billy. He simply glared at you.

"Right! But anyway, I have a party to attend. Have fun you two~" Alice wiggled her fingers at you as she headed down the hall.

Billy rolled his eyes as you looked back at him, unable to contain your snickering. He filed into your dorm first, and you shut the door after entering behind him.

You followed him as he walked over to your bedroom, remaining outside as he shoved the door open. He scanned every inch of the room, even checking the closet before signaling that it was clear.

"You should be safe in here," Billy said while walking back to the door. "I need to find Stu. I can't trust him to work alone. He's gonna get us caught."

"You're leaving already?" You asked without thinking.

Billy paused to study your peculiar expression, "Why? You have other plans in mind?"

"No, it's just, I was hoping you'd stay... at least until I fall asleep. I don't want the killer popping out as soon as you leave." You backpedaled, finding a reason to justify yourself.

Billy stared at you for a moment, eyes searching yours for an understanding, but it was to no avail. Even without knowing your motive, he'd still agree, just to be near you.

So, Billy wandered idly around your room as you left to take a quick shower.

While snooping, he stumbled upon the pictures you kept of him, stowed away in one of your drawers—several polaroids of not just him, but everyone from your old friend group. Billy continued to scavenge the drawer until he spotted a note. The handwriting belonged to Stu, it as from the night at prom.

Stu had gone on his own, completely unplanned. He didn't even tell Billy until after he saw you. Billy was beyond pissed... Stu got to see you and he hadn't. But Stu had always been unpredictable, so Billy didn't stay mad for long. He knew he'd see you eventually.

"I'm back," you announced while entering your room again. Billy quickly shoved the note back into your drawer, stepping aside as you tossed your dirty clothes in the laundry basket.

Before leaving the bathroom, you applied your own first-aid to your wound, telling yourself to get it checked whenever you head back to the hospital to see Randy.

Billy didn't say anything as you slowly crawled into bed to avoid putting pressure on your forearm. Once you got comfortable, he walked over to the bed, readjusting the extra pillows as he sat down beside you.

"Just until I fall asleep," You reminded him, and he let out an airy laugh.

"Okay, Orth." He replied while leaning back against the headboard.

It didn't take long for you to succumb to the darkness, dreaming of your old life in Woodsboro as Billy remained right by your side. He had grown so weary with the many sleepless nights he'd endured this year that, without realizing, he had fallen asleep soon after...