𝟹𝟷| 𝐖𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐮𝐲, 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐲

Start from the beginning

"The killer. He can see us." Randy stated, completely unnerved.

The three jumped up, their eyes roaming the campus in all different directions. The worry they all shared was displayed through their frantic features.

"Just keep him on the phone." Dewey told him.

"What do you want me to say?" Randy asked, removing his hand from the speaker.

"I-I don't know. Just keep him talking." Dewey said while grabbing Gale's arm. "Come on, Gale."

"Um, hi." Randy greeted awkwardly as Gale and Dewey left to search for anyone with a cell phone. "So uh, what's your favorite scary movie?"

"You'll never find me."

"What do you care? Let 'em have their fun." Randy replied, scanning the courtyard for anyone suspicious using a phone. "So, what's up?"

"What's your favorite scary movie?" The caller questioned back.

"Showgirls, absolutely frighting. What's yours?" Randy spotted a girl sitting in the grass talking on her cell. He sped over to her only to discover she was innocent. He spewed a quick apology and took off in another direction. "Wait, let me guess. The House on Sorority Row? Dorm That Dripped Blood? Slaughter University? Graduation Day? Final Exam? Am I close?"

"Closer than you think."

Randy let out a startled shriek as a guy catching a football with his friend ran out from behind him.

"Too slow, geek. Do you want to die?" The caller asked venomously.

"Is that the best you can do? Because Billy and Stu were much more original." Randy spat.

"Why are you even here, Randy? You'll never be the leading man."

"FUCK YOU!" Randy enunciated his words dramatically as he shouted.

"No matter how hard you try, you'll never be the hero and you'll never ever get the girl."

Randy's vision trained on a man wearing business attire. He crossed the street near Gale's news van while holding a phone to his ear. Randy ran over to stop him, but realized that it wasn't the right guy after hearing a woman's voice on the other line.

"Shit! Sorry." He apologized.

The man appeared disgruntled, storming away as Randy turned his back to the van.

"Wrong guy, dead boy."

When you finally finished going over all the objectives of Stu's plan, even the minor little details, you left the dorms to find Randy and Dewey. They were supposed to be somewhere around your usual hang-out spot on campus, but as you scavenged the courtyard, they were nowhere to be found.

Your body filled with dread as you ran around campus like a crazed person. You were beginning to panic until you spotted Dewey tackling some guy in the distance while Gale snatched his phone.

You rushed over to them, taking in the frustrated look on Gale's face as she handed the student his phone back. Dewey apologized to him as he walked off in a bewildered daze, ranting to whoever he was on the phone with.

"What's happening? Where's Randy?" You asked between each panting breath.

"The killer called," Dewey revealed which only made your worry increase. "We went to find him while Randy stayed on the phone with him."

"Dewey, I don't see him." Gale said, and you followed her gaze to see where they were previously gathering. "Where'd he go?"

Your chest felt heavy as you studied their reactions to Randy's disappearance before they both took off. You quickly followed after them as Gale began to call out Randy's name.

"What's going on?" Gale's cameraman asked while carrying a box of donuts.

"No!" You gasped as your gaze landed on the news van in front of you. The trail of blood pooling beneath the door caught everyone's attention.

"Yo, man! Who broke my window?" The cameraman questioned as the four of you ran over in distraught.

Gale let out a scream as Dewey threw the door open. Your eyes widened, unable to move as you stared at Randy's bloodied body limp on the floor. He was dead, or at least that's what you thought until you saw him move slightly.

"Oh, God! Someone call the police!" You cried out while jumping inside the van. Tears blurred your vision as you collapsed onto the floor next to Randy. His eyes were still open, looking up at you in pain. But he couldn't speak. He was suffocating on his own blood.

"Randy, I swear if you fucking die on me–" You covered your mouth to stifle your sobs before scrambling to cover his open wounds. "You can't die, Randy. I need you."

"Poor, Y/n. Looks like you've lost another friend." You heard the muffled voice coming from the phone beside Randy's body.

His blood was smeared on your hands as you reached over to grab it.

"Why?" Your voice cracked as you spoke into the phone. You felt angry, frightened, and heartbroken all at once.

"I guess I got a little knife happy." The killer taunted. "I wonder who's next. Sidney? Dewey? Perhaps that roommate of yours... or better yet, how about you?"

"Then come and get me you fucking pussy!" You shouted, tasting the saltiness of your tears as they ran down your face.

"My pleasure," The killer's sinister laugh made you throw the phone across the van, creating an echo as it crashed into the wall.

As you redirected your focus onto Randy, gently wiping the blood out his face and away from his eyes, all you could hope for was that the ambulance could make it in time.