Sehnsucht

Disclaimer: I own none of the series or characters used. This was heavily from the fic アウラ嬌声ハッピーエンド まさか断頭台の名を欲しいままにした私が、クソボケエルフどころか人間様に大惨敗 使えん部下ごと未来永劫有効活用されちゃう、お利口さんなチンハメペット にされちゃうなんて by デイジー亭

It was like a fairytale had come to life.

Two parties stood across each other in a dark clearing lit be the moon above.

A little further away, bright magics danced above a castle. The sounds of heavy thuds rustled the surrounding forest's foliage. Stone walls crumbled and the ground itself shattered.

Yet, the true battlefield was held within a far off silent and still clearing.

The two parties were vastly different.

On one side was a dark headless army led by a horned demon. Aura the Guillotine, one of the Seven Sages of Destruction.

On the other side, a single elf stood by her lonesome. Frieren, the mage of the previous Hero's Party. Only bodies that had previously fallen to her magic surrounded her.

Even though the numbers were overwhelmingly superior on one side, both women were not the least concerned. While Frieren's small face held no expression, Aura's mouth was curled into a light smile.

The demon general glanced up, as if sensing something.

"...Lugner is dead." It spoke of Aura's confidence that she even bothered to tell her opponent that one of her subordinates had fallen. Even as she did, her tone held no sign of remorse for a comrade who had died. "Linie still seems to be alive so at least they accomplished the bare minimum."

"Then there's only one more left." Her opponent showed no reaction to Aura's words. If Aura's tone was cold-as ice then Frieren was as placid as a lake. "Do you want to wait until your support arrives, Aura?"

An odd question considering the elf was already massively outnumbered by Aura's immortal army behind her. What was one more weak-fry demon?

"There's no need..." Aura scoffed at the words. "You've already spent so much magic to liberate my army. Shouldn't you be more worried about your current situation?"

Truth be told, it was unexpected that Lugner, the more valuable of the two executioners she had sent to kill this elf's disciples had died while the weaker one had survived but, then again, this was Frieren the Slayer, the person who had killed the most demons in written history. Well, it would be disappointing if this elf's servants couldn't' put up a fight. Even if they were humans.

The only thing that made sense was that Lugner had fought both of them to the brink of death while Linie would now finish of the two who would be at death's door. It was a shame she had lost a few pawns but the military gains before her would make it worth it.

As if reading Aura's thoughts, Frieren could only remark a soft, "How sad."

"Oh? Do you see it poor that I don't grieve over my subordinates?"

"No." Frieren eyes trailed above the headless bodies across her. "The way you demons behave is no better than those of beasts. I've known that since a long time ago."

"As expected of Frieren the Slayer. No matter for this is the end." Aura raised one arm to reveal in her hand a pair of gold scales.

"Auserlese [Spell of Obedience]"