03- the catalina sisters

Zacznij od początku

We later found out that it was his mistress. I cried for weeks, dad promised to make it better, back then this was when any word he said actually meant a damn to me, now It was just comical.

A year later, I still was car less and now...fatherless. Life's funny that way, my fathers new girlfriend got a new car though.

I brush my hair angrily. I try to ignore it, I do. I scream into my pillow like the next girl, and keep it pushing, but sometimes it's hard.

I try not to sob, staring into my vanity. I didn't want to face those weird, mean girls, I didn't want to see Chandler or navigate my way through a new environment with new people.

Jill peaks her head through my door, chewing toast and sipping orange juice. The girl had a beastly appetite, just like me. But she was way more active and always on the go.

Jillian was already dressed, book bag on staring at me dumbfounded.

"What the hell are you doing?"

Fighting back tears. I don't say it, instead I flip her off, closing my door, for some form of privacy and peace this morning.

I dress quickly, and ignore my shaking nervous hands as I get ready. I go with a pair of shorts and black long sleeve shirt with pink converse. I style my hair in a half up half down style and tie it with a pink ribbon.

I spritz my favorite bath and body works, and lather lipgloss turning the light off in my room, with a dramatic sigh, not bothering to pick up the boxes or the clean up the spilled coffee.

I scarf my breakfast in a hurry, trotting off to the car, riding backseat for being late, dammit. Across the lawn I see Chandler, pulling off fast in his white shiny new Jeep.

I cannot lie i'm oozing with jealousy. Mom pulls off, almost just as fast. I remember to click on my seatbelt, moms driving has never been the safest.

At least the backseat windows were tinted, I sink into my seat.

My mom doesn't hesitate to blast Bad Bunny on our ventures through our quiet, sleepy neighborhood.

"Pensaba que te había olvidao, eh
Pero pusieron la canción!" She shouts, happily, nearly missing a stop sign, as a group of joggers run by, one of them being Ms. Choi.

She toots a hello and they all wave in unison, passing by, there gone shortly after. We arrive at school fifteen minutes early.

When my mom parks at the curb, she says the most embarrassingly horrific thing ever.

"I want to take pictures, you two look adorable."

"No." Jillian says, reaching for the door, no hesitation.

"It's just...you girls are growing up so fast." She begins to get teary eyed, dabbing her eyelashes ladylike.

"And Margo leaves next fall, ay dios mío!"

"So take pictures of, Go." Jill throws me under the bus.

Mom looks in the back seat at me with puppy dog eyes. "Look we haven't much time, I still have to find my classes, Ma."

"After school." Jillian reassures mom, climbing from the vehicle in a hurry. Mischievous little shit, she has practice after school.