18

"You're kidding, right?"

Rukawa asked with knitted brows, hoping that Kaori was joking around.

"I hope I am, but I am not

"I hope I am, but I am not."

Kaori said in response. This time, she wasn't looking into Rukawa's eyes....although Kaori was sure she got a glimpse of Rukawa's expression earlier when she said that she didn't know the way and Rukawa glared enough at her to make sparks fly.

Kaori was typing something in her phone to divert her attention, it's sound going tic-tac-tic. Rukawa scratched his head.

"Where are we going again?"

He craned his neck, hoping to get a glimpse of what Kaori was doing on her phone to make her busy enough to forget that she was the reason that lead them astray.

"Yokohama City Minato Library."

Kaori replied, showing her phone to Rukawa's face. It was close enough for him to kiss it. He had to close his eyes and blink twice after seeing the picture for the phone's brightness was blinding.

Upon hearing that, Rukawa realized:

It's that huge library he always passes by whenever he goes on his cycling trips.

Kaori was looking at the ground, guiltier and guiltier by the second. This was the first time that Rukawa ever noticed Kaori avert her gaze from him.

"I know that place. Just a few blocks from here." Rukawa said, breaking the ice.

Kaori looked at Rukawa with a face of disbelief. Before she could even vent or speak her mind, Rukawa cut her short.

"Don't give me that look, Kaori. You were so into it, I thought you already know the way."

"Rukawa should've just lead the way in the first place!"

After mentally flipping tables, Kaori exhaled a deep breath and placed her phone inside her dainty sling bag.

She meant to explain and tell Rukawa that she spent an hour last night studying and memorizing the way to get to the library, but she's also embarrassed to tell him that she's bad with directions--

That is until Rukawa realized it so.

"You're awfully bad with directions, Kaori."