𝟸𝟻| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

She winked at you before exiting the dorm, giving you no time for an argument.

Your gaze slowly panned over to your door as your nerves began to kick in. You were afraid of the possibilities of who could be waiting for you. You were exactly where you didn't want to be... alone.

"Please don't be who I think it is..." You mumbled to yourself while walking over to your room. You were hesitant as you moved to open the door, cautiously entering until you spotted the mystery man waiting for you on your bed.

"Oh, hell no!" You exclaimed, eyes widening as Stu abruptly stood after noticing your presence. "You're the fibber?"

"Surprise, Y/n." He grinned.

In his attempt to approach you, you quickly warded him off with your hands as you shuffled backward. "Stay the fuck back, you psycho!"

"Woah! No need to be dramatic," He placed a hand over his chest, feigning hurt. "I'm not here to hurt you."

"Then why are you here?" You asked skeptically.

"I missed you, Orth." Stu put it simply, stepping closer to you. You shut your eyes tight as you felt his hand caress your cheek. Your breath trembled under his warm touch, but not out of fear. It was because you missed him too, even if you couldn't admit it out loud.

You opened your eyes again, heart racing as you stared up at him. "That was you, wasn't it? At prom."

"Didn't think you would recognize me," he said, smiling that signature smile of his, and your eyes flickered to his dimples.

"How could I not? You have a funny face." You said before internally scolding yourself. Now was not the time for jokes.

Stu chuckled at the callback, stepping away slightly. Your skin felt cold at the loss of his touch. "I'm not the only one who missed you." He revealed, and you immediately thought of Billy.

"Where is he?" You asked, knowing you wouldn't get an actual answer.

"Not here," Stu said. "Shit, he doesn't even know that I'm here. He goes on and on about staying hidden and not getting caught, but I couldn't resist anymore. I had to see you."

"Why now? Why right after those two innocents were killed? Was it you? Or was it Billy... or both?" Stu's brows raised as you bombarded him with questions.

"How about neither." He countered. "Billy called you, didn't he? He told you that it wasn't us."

"And what if I don't believe him?"

"I'm telling you, it's not us. There's a copycat killer, and we're gonna find out who that fucker is, and kill 'em." Stu insisted, and the expression you made gave away your distraught. The first time you see him again, he's already talking about killing more people. You felt entirely overwhelmed with an abundance of conflicting emotions.

"Then what? What're you going to do after you kill them? It's not like you can come out of hiding. You and Billy are mur— what the fuck is in your nose... and lip?" You asked, interrupting your own rant as you finally focused on all the jewelry sticking out of his face.

"Piercings." He grinned, flicking his nose ring to show they were indeed real. "Needed a disguise. You like?"

"It's um... very obtrusive." You answered truthfully, bringing a small pout to his lips. You couldn't help but hone in on the lip piercing, wondering how badly it hurt. "You couldn't have gone with something less permanent? Perhaps a mask, a black hoodie?"

Stu scoffed in disbelief as you began to list off ways to alter his appearance. "There's a killer amongst us right now, and you're judging my disguise? How unseemly."

"Yeah, you're the killer!" You exclaimed matter-of-factly.

"But I'm not the killer." He denied profusely. "Whoever it is, is trying to recreate the bloodbath in Woodsboro."

"This wouldn't even be happening if your crazy ass didn't go on a killing spree!" You shouted, wanting to feel angry but all you felt was sorrow. "You were my friend! I loved you and I trusted you, and you—you killed—"

You cut yourself off, unable to say your brother's name. The hurt you felt as you glared up at Stu caused an unbearable aching in your chest. You wanted to hate him, you thought you did, but seeing him after all this time, you knew you couldn't.

"Y/n..." For once, Stu became serious at the sound of your despair. The tears that welled in your eyes only brought him regret.

He stepped forward again, reaching out to you but you quickly stepped back, brows furrowing.

"I—" Stu began only to be cut off by a knock on your door followed by the sound of Randy's voice calling your name.

You sighed as Stu seemed distressed by this. He was able to get past your roommate because she didn't know him, but Randy would recognize Stu in an instant—piercings or not.

"My window... it leads to a balcony. You can climb down from there, we're only on the second floor. The people walking by will think you're just some playboy sneaking out. You won't get caught." You told him. You couldn't explain why you were helping him, you just felt you had to.

"You won't tell?" He asked dubiously, and you shook your head.

"No, I won't tell." You stated, crossing your arms over your chest. "But this doesn't change anything. I still hate you."

Stu paused at your words, frowning slightly as it appeared he had something to say. But you didn't want to hear it as you pushed him towards your window. "Now, go. Before you get caught."

Stu sighed as he pushed the window open, easing onto the balcony, and making a brisk escape. You stood there for a few moments, making sure he was really gone before shutting your window again and locking it.

Then you spun on your heel, exiting your room once again to see what Randy wanted.

As soon as you opened the door, Randy eased inside without skipping a beat and you turned to face him.

"So, I spoke with Dewey. You, me, and him are gonna meet up tomorrow for lunch to discuss who this mysterious Stab killer could be and..." His rambling came to a subtle stop as he studied your face. "Y/n, you're crying."

"What?" A hand flew up to your face, surprised as you wiped the tears from your cheek. You hadn't even noticed.

"What's wrong?" Randy asked, concern taking over. You could only shake your head, knowing it'd be impossible to tell him.

"Hey, it's okay. Everything's gonna be okay." Randy immediately pulled you in, wrapping his arms around your figure. He assumed it was because of the recent murders, and how they brought back those terrible memories from last year—which was partly true. But you couldn't tell him about Stu or Billy... not yet at least.

"No," You mumbled, lip trembling as you gripped Randy's shirt, hugging him tight. "It's not."