pt. 24: say what you're thinking🧡🫦

Start from the beginning

I decided to wear my neon orange set. I liked the way it complemented my skin tone. I wrapped my sarong around my hips, slid my sunglasses over my eyes, and I strut out my door.

All the guys were already in their suits, and Larry and Grunk were practically ready to run out the back door like the children they are.

"Girl please this is like your 27th wardrobe change today." Isaac pointed out.

"Yes yes I know. A fashion icon must be well prepared. Is the pizza here yet?"

"Nah. We're left to temporarily starve." Yumi grumbles.

"Y'all can go ahead and jump in. I'll wait in here for the delivery guy."

I see Schlatt smiling at me with warm eyes and my cheeks flushed as he walked out behind everyone. His gaze was enough to give my butterflies. Thoughts of him flooded my brain and I didn't even notice Isaac walk back in.

"Hey you got a minute?" He chuckles with a smile.

"I have until the pizza gets here. But yeah sure. Is somethin' on your mind?"

"Nah I just wanted to say that you were incredible today."

"Aww, you think so?"

"I do. I also think that you looked stunning in your performance outfit, and all of the other ones. That's why I kept making remarks all throughout the day." He averted his eyes from mine and turned his head as he rubbed his neck. His words were making my heart race as well as my thoughts run with confusion.

"Isaac that's so sweet of you... thank yo-"

"Not only the other fits but I like this one on you the most."

This made my heart stop entirely. Out of all my friends I would have never expected Isaac to come out and say something that flirtatious with me.

"Well why is that..?" I make eye contact with him by accident while asking the question. Schlatt was still on my mind. He was always on my mind. Schlatt was the only one I wanted. I didn't mean to ask it like that.

"I don't think you want me to go there, y/n."

"Say what you're thinking, Isaac. We're here, right now. I need to know what's on your mind." At this point I was starting to get worried. I didn't know what he was going on about but this was new and unexpected.

Schlatt peeks into the kitchen through the glass door and I'm so wrapped up in my own head I don't even notice.

Isaac quickly grabs me by the waist and holds me close with one arm around my back and the other pushing hair out of my face as he gazes into my eyes fondly. I can tell he's admiring my features, just like Schlatt does. I need to tell Isaac.

"Y/n, it's been years. Years since we met and I have had something in my heart ever since."

At this motion Schlatt's face goes disturbed at the sight. Mine would too.

"Isaac I need to tell you-"

"Seriously, y/n, you need to hear this and I've needed to tell you for so long and I finally got the courage to tell you."

"Isaac," I say with a tear welling in my eye and unwrapping his arm from my body. This was so touching and so painful at the same time. It's killing me that I have to tell him the truth.

"I love you, and you know this. You've been there for me for so long and I'm so blessed to have you as one of my best friends. And honestly, I love you being my best friend, and I never want that to change."

Disappointed, he lets out a sigh and turns away from me again.

"I really, really hate to hurt you. I hope you're not mad at me forever."

"It's Schlatt, isn't it." He says bluntly with a brief pause.

"It is..."

"I wish you two happiness. I really do. I... ugh... I just needed to get it off my chest. And to be honest, I don't want to lose you as my best friend either." He turns back to me with flushed cheeks and teary eyes.

I wrap him in a hug with my arms around his torso and his around my shoulders. My face is toward the door and I see Schlatt in fear.

We make eye contact and he opens the door slowly.

"Y/n..." Schlatt's voice was weak.

"Schlatt we just had a serious conversation. Believe me we're just best friends talking about our feelings." I tell the truth, not completely saying Isaac poured his heart out but also letting him know that we really are just friends.

"Isaac." Schlatt notices the tears in his eyes.

"Do you mind if ask what happened? I never see Isaac cry, ever. I know it's none of my business but a part of me needs to know because I didn't like what I saw,
y/n." He asks calmly, but I can tell he's upset and is trying not jump to conclusions.

"I umm.. I understand." I look over at Isaac, wanting an okay signal to tell the truth.

"Isaac was telling me about his feelings for me."

"What did you say to that, y/n." He blurts.

"I said that I only see Isaac as one of my best friends. To be honest now that I'm thinking about it, he's like a brother to me. I also said I only have feelings for you. Only you."

His face lit up as we met eyes. I could tell he was more grounded and felt better.

"Isaac, now that you know, from here on out, no more moves on my girl."

"Absolutely. We have things straight now. I just told her the truth is all."

"Good." Schlatt says with a small grin of relief. Schlatt hugs Isaac and pats him in the back before parting and wrapping his arm around me.

His girl. Schlatt called me his girl. As in all his. This overjoyed my heart.

"Thank you for being so respectful. I'm glad we're still close." I say to Isaac with sincerity.

"You know I'll be here for you always. Even though you ripped out my heart and shattered it." He chuckles, as do I. He walks out of the back door, leaving just Schlatt and I in the house.