pt. 22: more than that🫢

2:01 p.m.

It's been a few minutes since I met Serenity and I had to wind the guys. Schlatt was being dragged around, constantly being stopped for pictures and autographs.

We chatted for so long the group wandered off so I had to gather them to see Serenity- or, I could just send a group text.

Y/N : y'all better meet me in conference room 3B at 2:10 SHARP

YUMSTER: y tho

Isak Y: don't we need to be at the GG booth then

Sawft Nicholas: no that's at 3:10 Isaac

Y/N: I have a surprise. trust the process. be there or be square

"Alrighty, I've made a meek attempt at rallying the troops. Let's head over there and see if we can catch her during her pre-show jitters."

"How do you know she's even gonna be nervous?" Schlatt looked over and down at me as I took long strides in order to get there quickly.

"I can see it in her eyes. I can read people like how a mathematician reads equations- a single glance and I know what's up. Besides, she's so young. No one her age in spotlight can handle pressure from the masses. Believe me, I started out young."

"Can't believe you brought me back to high school with your math analogy."

"If I wasn't majoring in music, it would've been chemistry. You're dealing with a Class of 2019 Valedictorian. I can be a handful sometimes."

"Sometimes?"

"Talk less, walk faster you big dope." I grab his hand and we finally get across campus.

                                  2:07 p.m.

The Group chat guys beat us there because apparently they took a "short cut". I asked Grunk and he said it was a "secret". He may be 19 but he's still a child in my eyes.

Three minutes roll by and we see Serenity step up onto a platform out from a shimmer drape. Her intro is short and sweet and she picks up her guitar to start strumming.

                                 2:30 p.m.

The crowd floods out after the last round of applause and I make my way towards her.

"Ahhh you were amazing!!!" I squealed as I approached Serenity, not knowing Schlatt trailed behind.

"I cant thank you enough for coming!! Best day EVER!! Can we take some pictures? Schlatt, be useful, hold my phone." She shoots out making me laugh and Schlatt looking dumbfounded at her audacity.

"I'll see you around!" We start walking off.

"Hey Y/n! I have a question.."

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I know this is none of my business but a lot of people on social media including myself are wondering if you and Jschlatt are in a relationship.."

My face flushed a hot red and my heart begins to flutter at the though. We're we're flirty and we knew our friend group knows, but was it THAT VISIBLE on the media..?!?

"Umm.. we actually, ugh-" I scoff as I look to the floor.

"It's okay, you don't have to tell me, I understand."

"Yeah, it's really nothing we need to tell anyone. I'm not commenting on that." I stick up for myself as I don't want people knowing or even THINKING anything... at least not yet. Though people may see this as rude, it's not. It's just choosing not to share personal information.

Things got a little awkward for a moment or two and then we said a goodbye.

As I catch up to Schlatt seeing as he was the one farthest behind I catch his attention by smacking his arm.

"Why. What was the purpose of that-?"

"Hey don't make this awkward but Serenity just said the media thinks we're together..."

"Fuck-" Schlatt swears at the thought, also unaware of our apparent closeness in the public eye

His face went red just like mine did. I could see he took a hard swallow. He looks down at me and we make eye contact then he immediately looks away while I stare up at his prominent features.

"I mean I do want to hold your hand but neither of us want anything more obvious."

"I want more than just a hand hold, Johnathan."