21.1 - 'Messing with the wrong guy's mate'

Start from the beginning

**CHANGE!** I demanded leaving him no choice but to obey my commands.

**Man I don't get what your problem is!**His thoughts hit me, as he stood before me now in his wolf form.

**YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT MY PROBLEM IS!** I growled as I crouched beside him, bracing my shoulder against him as I shoved him into a tree causing him to growl in pain.

**NO I DON'T!***

"Well then maybe you need reminding... Or perhaps I'll just beat the crap out of you until you remember what you did** I snarled my thoughts as I swiped my claw across his chest, causing him to let out another growl of pain.

**Remember yet?** I asked but didn't give him any time to reply, as I slashed my claw back across his chest, leaving a trail of blood in its path.

**How about now?" I growled taking his leg between my jaws and then proceeded to chuck his limp body across the clearing. A grunt echoed through the forest as his wolf crashed and molded into a tree.

**You are no longer my Beta, Nick.** I growled as I slowly crept menacingly over to where he lay.

**What the f*ck man! I don't even know what I've done! You can't just get rid of me, you're my best friend** I could hear the upset in his voice, but that didn't stop me from taking away his Beta status. I'd never done it before, I'd never gotten rid of any of my pack, let alone gotten rid of one of my second in commands, but I could feel the hatred running through my veins, as my wolf chanted Must protect mate over and over again in my head. I let Sky's terrified face from when she read that text, fuel the transition as I took back the power I had given to him when I anointed him as my beta in the first place.

**You know, I knew you were bad with the chicks, but this...** I couldn't finish my thought as another wave of anger washed over me. This time his face got the brunt of my slashing claw, barely missing his eye. **This is sick** I snarled as I stumbled in shock away from him. I was so angry at him, and I knew that if I didn't calm down soon, I could quite easily kill him.

**This is about Skylar?!** I heard the surprise in his slow thoughts, I knew he was well on his way to becoming unconscious now.

**DON'T EVEN SAY HER NAME!** I shouted my thoughts at him and watched as shock ran across his features.

**What's she to you?** He asked weakly, and I watched as his eyes drooped.

**She's mine*** I whispered my thoughts, but he was already unconscious, and I was sure he hadn't heard me.

Sky's POV

"Hey Blue, what's the matter?" I could hear Wesley come up behind me, as I sat on the field staring at my hands as I aimlessly locked and unlocked them with each other.

"It's nothing I'm fine" I shrugged trying to sound indifferent, but even I could tell it was failing. My heart was still beating wildly fast, and my hands were still clammy. I couldn't believe the text he got, surely that had to be some kind of sick twisted joke? I shook away that thought straight away because deep down I knew I was lying to myself. It was telling the truth; Nick does actually want to rape me, I felt sick to my stomach. He actually seemed alright this morning, I mean still an annoying ass but not a RAPIST! I shook my head thinking back to our conversation, maybe I was leading him on unintentionally, maybe me telling him to basically 'fuck off' was an endearing quality to him...

"Sky, I know something's wrong. Tell me maybe I can help?" He asked draping his arm around my shoulders and pulling me into his chest. My head rested on his neck, and I couldn't hold in the tears anymore as they ran down my cheeks and onto his shirt.