Chapter 9. Flooded

Start from the beginning

Minho starts to walk towards the hall, but suddenly feels Jisung's hand wrap in his own, fingers automatically moving to entangle their hands. Minho doesn't question it and instead allows himself to enjoy it, leading the younger through the hall and towards the stairs without a single word.

Minho walks up the flight of stairs quietly, turning to the left and to the last door on the right, strolling into the room he chose earlier that morning. Jisung had thrown his bag into the room earlier after they had left the pool, claiming stake to the left side of the dresser as he sloppily placed his shirts and pants inside.

Minho feels Jisung's hand drop from his as he walks to the dresser, listening to the door shut behind them. Minho reaches for his bag that was still placed on top of the wooden dresser, zipping a pocket open as he pulls his phone charger free and heads to the left side of the bed, searching the wall nearby to plug in his cable.

Jisung tugs off his shirt, throwing it onto the dresser as well, watching as the fabric loosely hangs on the side of Minho's bag. He decides against moving it, finding it oddly funny that it landed there of all places.

Minho slings himself into bed carefully, sinking beneath the covers with a content hum, letting the warmth of the comforter envelop him almost immediately. Jisung settles in too, laying on his back while reaching for his phone to start his endless scroll of social media until he can't keep his eyes open anymore.

"Are you gonna be able to sleep?" Minho asks quietly, lying on his side, facing towards Jisung.

"Maybe." Jisung sighs, looking away from his phone for a second. "Don't know."

"D'you want me to stay up with you?"

"You don't have to, hyung." Jisung smiles at him sweetly, tilting his phone down slightly. "I'm used to this. I'll try to sleep when I'm tired."

"If you're sure–" Minho yawns, settling further into his pillow. "I'm taking you somewhere tomorrow, though. You're g'na like it."

Jisung bites his tongue, feeling his heart flutter in his chest. He isn't sure why he's allowing Minho to treat him like this and talk to him like this, almost implying that they were going on a date of some sort, but Jisung felt the need to indulge before he closed himself off again. "Mkay."

Jisung turns back to his phone, listening to Minho's breaths deepen the more time passes. He's not tired, not really at all, scrolling helplessly through several social medias before he finds himself giving up.

His phone was halfway to being dead, now suddenly remembering that he forgot to get his charger out and would have to leave the comfort of the bed to get it. So he does that, rolling out carefully to search through his hazardous bag that he tossed on the floor after pulling all of his clothes out, searching through pocket after pocket before pulling his red charger cable free from the confines of his bag.

"What're you doin'?" Minho hums, fingers wiping at his eyes tiredly. Minho had only been asleep for around an hour at this point, suddenly woken by Jisung's shuffling within the room.

"Need to charge my phone. Don't worry about it, just go to sleep." Jisung walks back over, bending down to plug his phone in.

"Come back to bed." Minho demands groggily, hand reaching outwards to smack the bed.

"God, are you always so annoying when you're tired?" Jisung laughs, plugging in his phone and finally sitting back down on the mattress.

"No." Minho huffs, arm being pulled back to his side.

"You're awfully needy." Jisung crawls back under the covers, turning to lay on his side to face a sleepy Minho, which he finds incredibly hard to resist.