Chapter Four: No Body, No Crime

"Scared?" The voice said from behind me. The room pitch black as I try and move but I'm restrained by a rope. I grit my teeth together as I move my hands the rope burning my wrists.

       "Whe-Where is he?" Sage says slurring her words together. She had been awake for hours and all she wanted to do was see him.

       "Go ahead. Speak." The voice from the shadow says as there's a thump and someone groaning.

        "Sage.. please help me. I can't feel my legs. I can't feel them. Please. Please.. Sage," The words are broken by a sob. "Kill me."

       "No. No please don't. Please let him go. You can kill me. I don't care! Not him please! Kill me! My family can't live without me! It'd be more punishing to them!" I yell trying to convince them not to kill the one person that kept our family together. What I said was a lie. My family could live without me but we would fall apart if he died.

        "I will not grant you the gift of death without begging for it." The voice said to my brother. "Please.. No.." Sage says her voice just above a whisper as her body begins to shake.

       "Sage.. I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry I was always mean to you. I'm sorry I always shoved you away. I'm so sorry. You can have my clothes. I need you to have them. When I die take my cologne you can buy it at ulta. Whenever you miss me spray It on my clothes and your pillow. Take a nap. I will always be in your dreams. I swear. Your my other half. I will never leave you behind. I love you so much. Make fun of Tyler for me. Protect them for me please. Tell them I love them.." Sages borther slurred out as blood kept leaking from the hole in his back.

       "No. You tell them yourself. We're gonna make it out!" "Aw look at them- So young and willing to die for each other." Says the voice from behind me to the voice by my older brother.

        "Fuck yo-" sage gets out before a bullet is piercing through her right thigh. "Let her see her brother." Says the voice by my brother as he put his gun back by his side.

       "Yes. Please please." Sage says begging as the guy from behind her unties her wrist. She rushes to her brother on the floor.

       "Where does it hurt?" Sage asked her hand hovering just above her brothers body not wanting to hurt him. He tries to talk but nothing comes out.

        "Can you hold m-" He coughs deep red splattering onto his lips. "No no." Sylan repeats rubbing the blood off. "Help him! Please! He's dying please help him! Please.."

As Sage stirred awake to the muffled sound of hushed whispers and soft footsteps, she frowned, her sleep-fogged mind struggling to make sense of the situation. Rubbing her eyes, she sat up, her heart pounding with a mix of confusion and concern.

Through the dim light filtering in from the hallway, Sage's eyes widened as she caught a glimpse of her roommate's boyfriend, Alex, sneaking a girl into their apartment. Her stomach churned with disbelief as she watched them tiptoe past her room, their hushed voices barely audible.

A surge of resentment washed over Sage as she realized what was happening. How could Alex betray Maelyns trust like this? The thought of her unsuspecting roommate, blissfully asleep just a few doors down, filled Sage with a sense of urgency.

Without hesitation, Sage slipped out of bed and quietly followed Alex and the girl down the hallway, her heart pounding in her chest. As they disappeared into the guest room, Sage paused outside the door, unsure of what to do next.

Should she confront Alex and the girl and risk causing a scene? Or should she wait until morning to tell her roommate, sparing her the pain of discovering the betrayal in the dead of night?

As Sage weighed her options, she knew one thing for certain: she couldn't let her roommate's trust be shattered without a fight. With determination coursing through her veins, she made a silent vow to confront Alex and stand up for her friend, no matter the consequences.

With a heavy heart and a knot in her stomach, Sage knocked gently on Maelyn's bedroom door the next morning, her mind racing with the weight of the news she was about to deliver. As Maelyn opened the door, bleary-eyed and confused, Sage took a deep breath, steeling herself for the difficult conversation ahead.

"Maelyn, I need to talk to you," Sage began, her voice trembling slightly. "I saw something tonight that I think you should know about."

Maelyn's brow furrowed in concern as she invited Sage into her room, sensing the gravity of the situation. Sitting down beside her friend, Sage recounted what she had witnessed earlier: Alex sneaking a girl into their apartment in the dead of night.

As Sage spoke, Maelyn's eyes widened in shock, her hand flying to her mouth in disbelief. "Are you sure?" she whispered, her voice barely audible.

Sage nodded solemnly, her heart breaking for her friend. "I wish I wasn't, but I saw it with my own eyes," she replied, her voice filled with compassion.

Tears welled up in Maelyn's eyes as the reality of Alex's betrayal sank in. "How could he do this to me?" she murmured, her voice choked with emotion.

Sage reached out to grasp Maelyn's hand, offering her silent support in her moment of need. "I don't know, but you deserve better," she said softly, her eyes brimming with sympathy.

Together, Sage and Maelyn sat in silence, the weight of the revelation hanging heavy in the air. But amidst the pain and heartache, a bond of friendship grew stronger, as Sage vowed to stand by Maelyn's side through the storm that lay ahead.

As Sage sat on the edge of Maelyn's bed, her heart ached as she listened to her best friend unleash a torrent of emotions at her boyfriend. Maelyn's voice trembled with hurt and betrayal as she confronted Alex about his infidelity, her words laced with raw emotion.

Sage had suspected something was wrong for a while now, but she never imagined it would come to this. She watched as Maelyn's tears streamed down her face, her hands trembling with a mixture of anger and sadness.

As Maelyn poured her heart out, Sage felt a surge of anger towards Alex for hurting her friend. How could he betray Maelyn's trust like this? The bond of friendship they shared flashed before Sage's eyes, memories of laughter and late-night conversations now tainted by Alex's actions.

But amidst the chaos, Sage also glimpsed the remnants of a relationship she had once admired. She remembered the moments of tenderness and affection between Maelyn and Alex, the whispered promises of forever that now seemed like distant echoes.

As Maelyn's cries filled the room, Sage knew she had to be there for her friend, to offer comfort and support in her time of need. But she also knew that once the dust settled, she would have to confront Alex, to demand answers and closure for Maelyn's broken heart.

In that moment, Sage realized that true friendship meant standing by each other through thick and thin, even when it meant facing the painful truths that lay beneath the surface. And as she wrapped her arms around Maelyn, she silently vowed to be there for her friend every step of the way.

And his mistress moved in
Sleeps in Este's bed and everything

Authors note

Quick chapter for a filler!!

I hope you guys enjoyed!!

Next Update:

1989 || Luke Hughes

Chapter 7: How You Get The Girl

Love you guys!!