The Rose Queen and Her Lovers (Puffychurose)

"I would have thought being 'kidnapped' by a Seelie Queen would have been way worse than this," Puffy hummed.

The Seelie Court was a realm of endless summer and beautiful spring days. The weather was perfectly warm, with gentle breezes that carried the scent of flowers. There were flowers everywhere, trees lined everything they could, and sunbeams were everywhere despite how improbable that could be. It was a beautiful Court.

Niki and Puffy were rested in one of the many gardens. They lounged in the grass beneath a canopy of wisteria, bushes of roses lined the entire area. Puffy was dressed in a gown that looked like a pastel rainbow mess, the rainbow pattern being chaotic and beautiful all in one. While Niki had been given a green gown with cold shoulder sleeves and a fun leafed vine pattern that wrapped around the bodice. They both looked like fae royalty.

Needless to say, it want nothing like the whispered warning they had all heard since they were children.

"To be fair, most victims of fae kidnapping are kept as servants or pets," Niki pointed out.

Puffy giggled, "That is true. But you have to admit... this is nice..."

"We're literally kidnapped," Niki replied.

"Are you really bothered by the 'kidnapping'?" Puffy asked.

The tone Puffy kept using to describe the situation made it clear how she felt about the idea that was a kidnapping. Which is fair, the Seelie Queen hadn't coerced them into going to the Seelie Court, she hadn't dragged them into a circle with promises and trickery. No, both of them had gone with the Seelie Queen willingly.

After all, they had only met through a chance encounter.

Niki sighed, "Okay, so... it wasn't really a kidnapping... But no one else knows that it wasn't."

"Right... you have your brother to worry about," Puffy said.

Wilbur. Niki hadn't intended to abandon the only family she had, especially not when they had promised they would always protect each other. It had always been the two of them against the world. Yet Niki hadn't had the chance to tell her brother where she had been going, that she had met a fae that she wanted to go with. If she had one regret for what had happened it was that her brother was probably looking for her, desperate to save her.

"There you two are," Hannah smiled as she entered the garden, "The entire Court is free for you to explore, and you both still prefer the gardens."

The Seelie Queen was dressed in an elaborate pink gown that looked like giant flower. Beautiful red roses were wrapped all around her, beautiful and dangerous in equal measure. Around her head was a crown made from the Seelie Court's light, it was bright and elegant as it danced slowly around her head. The light also curled delicately around the rest of the Queen's body.

"Well, it's just so pretty," Puffy laughed.

Niki nodded, "Also, almost the entirety of your court is some variation of garden."

"Only the spring parts. I think you might enjoy the summer parts of the court a lot more," Hannah replied.

The summer parts of the Seelie Court were forests full of green leaves and sunbeams, wide open fields of sweet summer grass and winding dirt paths. Those parts of the court were always warm, the warmth of a pleasant summer day. There were the beaches, the rivers, the lakes that were always so vibrantly blue. Niki had spent plenty of time in those parts of the Seelie Court, and despite the fact that it was plain compared to the spring parts of the Seelie Court, Niki still loved those parts.

"You might be right about that," Niki conceded.

Hannah laughed a little, "I brought you both something."

With that, the Seelie Queen pulled out two golden chalices that were decorated with beautiful flowers. Inside the chalices was a strange liquid. It almost looked like honey, it was golden and slightly thicker than other liquids. But it also had a strange, slight glow to it. A glow that made it difficult to tell if the liquid itself was glowing, or if it was just the way the light hit the drink.

The scent of it was alluring. Sweeter than sweet, a rich and heavy scent that had Niki feeling like her tongue was already coated in the drink. It took restraint to not instantly snatch the chalices out of the Seelie Queen's hands and down them. But Niki wanted whatever that liquid was. And she wanted it now.

"What is that..." Puffy sounded almost breathless.

Hannah smiled, "It's called Seelie Nectar. And it's how you become a Seelie Monarch like me."

Niki took a deep breath, "So, you're saying if we drink that... we won't be human anymore. We won't even be just fae, we'll be Monarchs of the Seelie Court?"

"Exactly," Hannah said, "One little sip is all it takes, you'll slowly become a Seelie Queen. The more you drink, the quicker and smoother the transformation will be."

Hannah held out the chalices once again. Puffy took the chalice meant for her without any hesitation, raised the glass and downed it. The Seelie Queen just laughed at that, the rose bushes in the background grew larger at her sense of mirth. Then they both looked at the last human in the trio.

Niki thought about the option that was presented to her.

She took the chalice.