13: Attractions

*BZZT*
*BZZT*

Over the counter of a bathroom Mitsuki's phone began to vibrate from an incoming call, the woman finishing up with the lashes of her right eye before answering and setting the device to speaker mode. Seated in front of her bathroom mirror in a red shoulder-less dress that hugged her body in all the right places she set to work in styling the lashes over her left eye with a quick glance to her phone. "Hello?"

"Mitsuki hey, it's Inko."

"Oh Inko. Hey what's up?"

"Nothing much just calling to see if you've been holding up okay so far. Masaru told me that the house is emptying out pretty quickly and, well I was just worried and all."

"Oh no I'm fine Inko really it's nothing to worry about. It hurts I'm not gonna lie but everything has to move on at some point, Masaru and I included. Thankfully though I have Izuku to be there with me so it's not as hard as it might be."

"Speaking of Izuku, is everything, okay between the two of you?"

"Yeahhhhh?" Mitsuki answered in a questioning tone. "Is there a reason for it to not to be okay between us?"

"NONO heh nothing at all! I guess I was still thinking about before when you came and told me about how you two didn't see each other for a week because of him. Just thought that things must have still been awkward between you two."

"Oh no everything's fiiine, in fact I'm getting ready right now for a little date we're going on tonight."

"A DATE?! You mean a DATE date?!"

"No not a DATE date, just a little date is all nothing special. Course hm-hm, I tell him it's a date and he gets all flustered thinking it's the real thing. He's so cute with stuff like that."

"Ohhhhh, I see. Well that's wonderful, sounds like you're finally taking up on my advice about you and Izuku."

"If you're referring to what I think you're referring to Inko, don't you even."

"Mm just saying, the offer is still on the table and, you're not getting any younger. If you ever decide to maybe try something again you know, just saying."

Mitsuki huffed as she finished with the mascara on her left eye and rummaged through a glossy blue makeup bag for a stick of lip gloss. "I'm not making any sort of moves on Izuku we've been over this. Yes I know, I know, I know I said it before that I think your son is attractive but he's 19 years old for crying out loud. You think I'd want to just shut his life down by having a 42 year old hag like me make a move on him? He's the modern day Superman for crying out loud he can attract any kind of girl he wants to."

"Yourself included."

"Nonono, leave me out of this. There's nothing going on between the two of us and there never will be. I'm sure I'll be able to find something else out there for me fall in love with it's a planet full of people."

"And if you don't?"

"Then....I just don't. Simple as that."

"Oh please." Mrs. Midoriya scoffed as Mitsuki applied gloss over her lips. "You and I both know you can't go three weeks without dreaming about a Prince Charming what makes you think you can go the rest of your life without one?"

"Hey I've been doing fine so far." Mitsuki argued. "I have a stable job, I have Izuku to keep me company, what more could I want?"

"Wouldn't you want somebody to always be there for you beyond just keeping you company? Somebody who you're comfortable with and you know what their interests are and what they like? Somebody like oh I don't know the one person you're always spending time with nowadays? That same somebody who thinks you're also an attractive person and had a dream about you?"