Snow Falls... In Love? (Part 2)

(Yandere Coriolanus Snow x Innocent Female Reader)

The kiss they shared was monumental for Coriolanus. It was as if every puzzle piece fell into place for him. His confidence overruled the idea of Y/ N getting murdered in the games the next day.

But that's all she could think about.

Y/N adored Corio, after all he'd done to keep her alive and favored it was impossible not to. It was difficult for her to process that fact she found someone this special but she would soon die in the games.

"Corio, I-" she spoke before cutting herself off, figuring out the best way to say it. "I don't want you to think I have a chance in that arena. Hope is a dangerous thing."

Coriolanus was silent, staring into her eyes intently as he moved to grab her chin with a firm grip.
"You are going to get out of that arena. The other mentors? Their focus is on making their opponents strong. They will look past simple solutions in favor of brute strength. You will get out of this because of you are your strengths, agility and wits." He never looked away, not even for a second. He didn't even let go until he thought he got his point across.

Y/N hesitated but nodded as he goes to hand her a compact case before stopping.

"What is this?" She questions at his hesitation. Not because it's his mother's but because he was afraid she open it or something before he could explain. He would never put her in harms way.

"Do not open it until absolutely necessary. Do not smell it or even touch it util that point. Even just a little of it could kill you."

Y/N understood that he wanted to ensure she'd have a weapon within moments of the timer starting. She nodded as he continued to talk about a hiding space.

"Thank you Corio, thank you for everything you've done to keep me alive." Tears gathered in her eyes, silently falling as he wiped them.

"This isn't goodbye, I will see you when you win the games. I will see you everyday when I wake up and at the end when I fall asleep." Coriolanus leaned in and kissed her softly as he wiped her tears with a plain handkerchief before he retreated back to his house.
Not home because he truly believed his home was with you.

~*~

Coriolanus watched the games reluctantly, the blood spilled seem to engulf the screen. He stared at the screen holding Y/N.

The second the countdown stopped they were off. Y/ N turned around in fear to see a spear being thrown towards her as she attempted to duck out of the way, but it still managed to cut her arm causing her to whimper in pain.

Yet It didn't stop her as she ran into the vents, it the hiding place snow suggested but good enough. She was even able to lock it before anyone could notice.
The battle outside was loud. The clangs of metal crashing echoes through the arena. The sounds of screams and grunts as someone's life vanished in mere moments.

Meanwhile Coriolanus was internally on edge. It wouldn't show through his poised posture or the indifferent look on his face but the way his heart was beating faster.

There were no cameras in the vents much to Lucky Flickerman's despair and promises to add one next year.

By sundown there was nearly half of the tributes left.

It was late at night and dark in the arena, most of the tributes were sleeping or staying in their hiding spots since it was dangerous to go out in the dark.

That's when Sejanus snuck in.

He saw the way they hung up his friend from the districts. The torture he went through while he was living lavishly in the capital with his daddy's money.
To which he used to give his friend a proper District 2 send off.