Episode 3

Mobei Jun was getting ready for his departure when a servant arrived at his quarters and asked him,

"your majesty, a human cultivator is asking for you"

At that moment his senses just flared up as he almost went running straight to the throne room and when the cultivator he was expecting to see wasn't there, instead there was someone that he wasn't pleased to see.

"Shen Qingqiu"

"Mobei Jun"

"And why do I owe the great honor of the Qing Jing peak lord's presence"

"Mobei, don't talk to Shizun like that"

"Good morning to you too, Junshang"

"I apologize for intruding, Mobei Jun, but we came to ask if you know about Shang Shidi's whereabouts"

"And why is that?"

"I assumed you would have known by now, Shang Qinghua went missing 4 days ago, it seems I was wrong"

"I know Qinghua went away from your dreadful sect, he left a letter, what I meant was, why do you care about his whereabouts?"

"What do you mean by that, of course, I care about his whereabouts, what do you mean?"

"You care about Qinghua? Well that's something new, haven't heard of it before"

"What-"

"What do I mean you say? You always treat him as a burden, you call him your friend but you never answer his letters, every time you invite him to your house you always hit him with that fan of yours, not only that but you also constantly act like he is a nuisance and you don't what him around you as if you were too much as a superior being for him to be on the same level as you.

Even when you also know that sometimes he doesn't sleep or eat answering after all the whims and ridiculous requests you make him fulfill every week as if Qinghua doesn't have enough on his plate already.

You call yourself his best friend but when he needs your help or support, where are you? Hiding behind that fan while being embarrassed by him, even.
So don't you dare barge into my home, pretending to be looking after him while claiming your care for him, when in any of these almost 15 years that I know him have shown ANY or BARE signs of respect towards him."

"Mobei, I advise you to watch your mouth around my husband"

"Junshang, you are not far worse than your husband, you always treat Qinghua horribly, as if he was a bug in front of you"

"Because he is as insignificant as one"

"SEE, SHEN QINGQIU, THAT'S THE PROBLEM, YOU CALL HIM YOUR FRIEND YET YOUR HUSBAND NEVER RESPECTED QINGHUA, AND YOU NEVER ASKED HIM TO. FOR GOD'S SAKE, LUO BINGHE, SHANG QINGHUA IS YOUR SHISU, IF YOU FORGOT, AND THANKS TO HIM, YOU HAVE A HUSBAND RIGHT NOW, THANKS TO HIM, YOU'RE BOTH ALIVE AND WELL.
BINGHE, REMEMBER, THANKS TO QINGHUA YOU WERE ABLE TO TRAIN AS A DEMON, YOU OWE HIM, DON'T YOU THINK? AND YET, NEITHER OF YOU CAN SHOW SOME RESPECT TO THE PERSON WHO HELPED YOU TO BE TOGETHER MORE THAN ANYONE.

And as you can see, you, who deem to be the closest to him can't even show respect, what would you expect from the rest of his peak not even as far as his sect."

"MOBEI!"

"Not now, because you damn know I'm right, so if you don't mind please leave and return to do nothing as you usually do"

He didn't even wait for them to leave, he just opened a portal in front of them and signed them to leave.

As Shen Qingqiu and Luo Binghe were unceremoniously ushered out through the portal, they found themselves standing outside the icy palace, stunned by Mobei-Jun's scathing words. Shen Qingqiu's heart churned with guilt and regret as he absorbed the weight of Mobei-Jun's accusations. He had never considered the full extent of Shang Qinghua's contributions to their lives and the cultivation world.

Luo Binghe's usually composed expression faltered, his brows furrowing in a mix of surprise and introspection. He exchanged a meaningful glance with Shen Qingqiu, realizing that they had both failed to recognize Shang Qinghua's worth and the sacrifices he had made for them.

"Mobei, perhaps... perhaps you're right," Shen Qingqiu admitted, his voice tinged with regret.

"We haven't treated Shang Qinghua with the respect he deserves. He has been by our side through thick and thin, and we have taken him for granted."

"It's not me whom you need to apologize to"

"I know, but we need to find him first"

"But how are we even going to find him"

"I think the best idea is to go and look at his room in An Ding first"

Despite the tense atmosphere, Mobei-Jun's suggestion seemed reasonable to Shen Qingqiu and Luo Binghe. They knew that if they wanted to find Shang Qinghua, they would have to start by retracing his steps and understanding his reasons for leaving.

With determination in their hearts, the three of them made their way to An Ding Peak. Upon reaching Shang Qinghua's quarters, they found it quiet and empty, a stark contrast to the usual bustling activity that surrounded the former Peak Lord. Shen Qingqiu's eyes softened as he took in the familiar surroundings, realizing just how much he had taken Shang Qinghua for granted.

As they searched the room, Shen Qingqiu noticed a folded piece of paper left carefully on the desk under the brush holder. He recognized Shang Qinghua's handwriting and quickly unfolded the letter. As he read the words penned by his lost friend, a mix of emotions washed over him—guilt, sadness, and regret.

"He left a letter,"

Shen Qingqiu said, his voice slightly choked with emotion.

"He mentioned taking some time away, but he didn't specify where."

"Let me see,"

Mobei-Jun requested, taking the letter from Shen Qingqiu's hands. He read the contents silently, his eyes narrowing slightly in concern.

"It seems he didn't want anyone to follow him. He mentioned going on a journey of self-discovery."

"He must have been carrying a heavy burden all this time," Luo Binghe said, his voice soft and contemplative. "I never realized how much he has sacrificed for us, for everyone."
Shen Qingqiu nodded, his heart heavy with regret.

"We've treated him poorly, both as a Peak Lord and as a friend. He must have felt unappreciated and burdened by the weight of our expectations."

Mobei-Jun folded the letter and returned it to the desk with a sigh.

"It's clear that we need to find him and make amends for our actions. We owe him that much."

"But where do we even begin looking?"

Shen Qingqiu asked, his brows furrowed in worry.

Mobei-Jun fell silent for a moment, deep in thought.

"Shang Qinghua has always been fond of peaceful and secluded places. Perhaps we should search areas that are not commonly frequented by cultivators."

Luo Binghe nodded in agreement.

"It's worth a try. We should divide our efforts and cover as much ground as possible."