Chapter Two - Trust Issues

Start from the beginning

A normal sixteen year old boy should weigh around 61 kilogrammes.. but no.. that’s too much! I can never allow myself to go that far... Not again.

I put the scale back under my bed and took out my notebook where I wrote down my weight each day and how many calories I am allowed to eat. “about.. seven bites of noodles.. rice noodles.. but fried.. I used oil..” I sighed in frustration, writing it down on my notebook, sighing “I’ll just have a gum.. that should suppress the hunger a little”

Next day - Tanjiro's pov

I was walking to my next class when suddenly I saw a group of guys picking on Muichiro. "Hey! Leave him alone!" I yelled out and rushed over to them, pushing one of the guys away from him.

"Oh look at you, Muichiro! Finally found a boyfriend?" One of them teased. "He's not m-my boyfriend!" Muichiro yelled out with tears in his eyes, trying to stand up but couldn't, he just fell back on his knees.

"Come on.." he grabbed his chin and before I could stop him, another guy grabbed my arms, making me unable to do anything "you remember what happened like a year ago, hm?"

Muichiro looked away from him, tears streaming down his cheek. The guy leaned closer to his ear and whispered "once a fatass, always a fatass.. no one will ever love you"

Then they just.. walked away, leaving me and Muichiro all alone. I kneeled down next to him and asked "are you okay?"

He nodded a little and grabbed his bag, trying to stand up once again but now with my help, he finally managed to do so.

"You look pale.. are you sure you-" before I could even finish the sentence he stumbled a bit, almost falling but I managed to catch him.

"Okay, I am taking you to the infirmary" I said and he shook his head, trying to push away from me but unable to do so due to how weak he was.

Once I got there, I sat him down on one of the beds and the nurse took a look at him.

"Oh dear you are skinny.. have you eaten today, sweetheart?" She asked and I saw Muichiro's face grow pale before nodding a little "Y-Yeah.."

She nodded and filled up a cup with water as well as grabbing a small red apple from her desk "here, eat this and then once you feel better you can go back home" then she turned to look at me "can you stay here with him for a bit? Just in case something happens"

"Yea, of course, no problem" I said and sat down on a chair that was placed next to the bed. Once she was gone, I turned to look at Muichiro who was anxiously staring at the apple before putting it away "you should eat it, you look really pale.."

Muichiro shook his head "I am fine, I just.. haven't slept well.." he mumbled and took a small sip of the water, his stomach growling immediately.

"You are clearly hungry, come on" I grabbed the apple again, saying "here" I handed it to him again. He looked at it and shook his head "I-I can't.."

"What do you mean you can't?" I asked and he just froze, shaking his head once again "I just.. I.." he mumbled quietly and moved the apple closer to his mouth, his hands trembling slightly.

"Alright, if you really don't want to, I won't force you but.. make sure to eat something for a lunch" I said softly and he looked at me slowly, his eyebrows narrowing "why do you even care..?"