7 ⋆*・゚:⋆ a failed match.

Mulai dari awal

"Probably," said Ron. "Why?"

"Because the castle's protected by more than walls, you know," said Hermione. "There are all sorts of enchantments on it, to stop people entering by stealth. You can't just Apparate in here. And I'd like to see the disguise that could fool those dementors. They're guarding every single entrance to the grounds. They'd have seen him fly in too. And Filch knows all the secret passages, they'll have them covered. . ."

"The lights are going out now!" Percy shouted. "I want everyone in their sleeping bags and no more talking!"

The candles all went out at once. The only light now came from the silvery ghosts, who were drifting about talking seriously to the prefects, and the enchanted ceiling, which like the sky outside, was scattered with stars.

Ara felt a slight wave of serenity wash over her as her eyes trailed over the starry ceiling. Perhaps it was her name that had sparked her interest and love for Astronomy, but she'd always managed to quiet her thoughts and chaotic mind when she stared at the stars. There was something so beautiful about them, how they decorated the night sky and provided lost souls with a little light amongst all the darkness, pulling them from their gloomy selves and giving out hope to those who needed it most. Maybe the stars did listen to prayers and wishes, Ara thought as she spotted a shooting star. . .she pondered about making a wish at that moment, asking for a little peace in the turmoil that was her life.

She then closed her eyes, her lips slightly parting as she mumbled inaudible words towards the universe, or more specifically, the stars. Ara only opened her eyes when she felt someone touch her forearm, she looked sideways and caught Harry staring at her.

"Thought you were asleep. . ." He whispered quietly, his eyes scrutinising with concern.

"Not yet," she replied quietly, faintly hearing Ron and Hermione's muttering in the background.

"Just resting your eyes?" Harry teased knowing that she'd said the same words each time Hermione caught her sleeping when they were supposed to be doing homework.

Ara scoffed, "No," she knew what his approach was, and he was successfully cheering her up. "Just making a wish."

"What'd you wish for?" he questioned.

"Well if I tell you it's not going to come true, is it?" Ara raised an eyebrow.

After a few tries of getting her to confess, Harry finally gave up and raised his hands in surrender, making Ara laugh quietly.

Once every hour, a teacher would reappear in the hall to check that everything was quiet. Around three in the morning, when many students had finally fallen asleep, Professor Dumbledore came in, looking for Percy, who had been prowling between the sleeping bags, telling people off for talking Percy was only a short way away from Ara, Harry, Ron and Hermione, who quickly pretended to be asleep as Dumbledore's footsteps drew nearer.

"Any sign of him, Professor?" asked Percy in a whisper.

"No. All well here?"

"Everything is in control, sir."

"Good. There's no point moving them all now. I've found a temporary guardian for the Gryffindor portrait hole. You'll be able to move them back tomorrow."

"And the Fat Lady, sir?"

"Hiding in a map of Argyllshire on the second floor. Apparently, she refused to let Black in without the password, so he attacked. She's still very distressed, but once she's calmed down, I'll have Mr. Filch restore her."

Ara heard the door of the hall creak open again, and more footsteps.

"Headmaster?" It was Snape. "The whole of the third floor has been searched. He's not there. And Filch has done the dungeons; nothing there either."