Beyond my ability (2)

(This is not proof read)
Zack POV
I practically ran down the hallway and out the door but she called a cab and left.
We didn't speak of what happened but we did speak, mostly small talk which I would normally dislike but I found it enjoyable.
Every case we had we would talk more and more and soon we started talking not just about the case, when hodgins said something about a dragonfly she said that her favourite show was called firefly and I said a little too excited
"mine too!"  And we ended up talking about it for 2 hours while working and other meaningless stuff too like hobby's and books and why we chose the job. She was interesting.

She didn't show up the next day or the next and when she did I asked why and she said she sick and I for some reason felt the urge to take care of her but that was interrupted when Angela asked me if I had a thing  for her and I said I didn't and that would be unprofessional.
So did hodgins and I told him that I thought she was cool and that's it and that's all it was.

We were working on a case in our shared office and she took off her lab coat to write stuff down.
I made note of how every day she wears red.
She seemed upset again a little while later, I'm assuming it's because she had to tell a young girl that her mom was dead when she asked. The girl left in tears and she seemed off since then.
"she had to know the truth" I said bluntly.
"I feel terrible" she said nearly crying.
"It's a human reaction after telling someone bad news, you didn't do anything wrong you did it exactly right maya" I said somehow still making it look like I was focusing on my work.
"I just- I know what it feels like to be told that the only person who's been there for you is gone" she said as her breath was trembling. My heart dropped, is that what the phone call was?
"Oh good and now I'm crying" she said laughing at herself a little while wiping her tears "I'm sorry this isn't pretty" she said wiping her tears even more. "Don't say that"
She just looked at me while tears slowly fell from her eyes. "And why is that" she asked.
"Because I think you look really beautiful when you cry, and not just when you cry."
"I don't think I'm a good a person" she said holding her head in her hands,
"That is beyond my ability to understand why"
I said without thinking.
"I told a child that her mother is dead today zack!" She cried more, it made my stomach turn thinking about how she feels right now, I've done it but I'm not as.. heart worthy as her.
"I mean she's going to remember that for the rarest of her life!"
"I think your a good person. Someone had to tell her and no one else was strong enough too,
I think you telling her was better than her seeing it on TV. You are an exceptionally good person for so many reasons maya" I whispered as she stood up and I thought she was going to leave but she sat next to me and leaned on me. I was sitting on the floor for no particular reason it's just cold and I like it. She was leaning on my arm so I put my arm around her. "I'm sorry" she whispered.
"I'm not" I whispered back and she looked up and...