I. Acceptance

I've written other stories in the past on a different account, but decided to make a new account and post this story I've been writing here.

Two reasons why I decided to write this story.

1. This ship gets literally NO love. There are only like 6 or 7 other stories of Itadori and Kugisaki on this site (not to mention it's scarcity on others too), even though they're literally two of the most compatible people I have ever seen. I understand the whole sibling-esque thing that people see in them, but I don't really see them that way. They seem more like long lost childhood rivals/friends since they basically clicked right away and are always trying to one up the other (or I guess Kugisaki is 😭).

2. I already knew she was gonna die prior to a few episodes ago (or perhaps come back after so many years 🤞), but seeing her die in the anime solidified the fact for me that Gege absolutely assassinated her character. I understand her death was supposed to be a catalyst for Yuji, but her of all people? Someone who was introduced as part of the main three, who had absolutely zero backstory until her final moments? And all we get is a short flashback right before she dies? I'm not going to shit on Gege although he makes me question some things, but man, it really bothered me how dirty he did Nobara.

Anyway, it's giving me the fuel to maybe expand on her character a little bit and her relationship with Yuji. Itadori on the other hand will have a lot of development (aside from what's already written in JJK). Hope you guys enjoy!

-

-

-

Nobody's POV:

5:45 AM

Two souls sat in an infirmary room, one with his head down and his hands clenched, the other with a bandage wrapped around her forehead and a confused look plastered under it.

"Come again...?"

"Itadori is... dead Kugisaki."

The light bulb flickered above their heads, the air in the infirmary room as thick and ice cold as it could get. It was the dawn of morning, neither of the first year survivors getting a lick of sleep after the hell of a mission they were recovering from. Although, one was a lot more broken than the other, not only in the physical sense. The news hit her like a damn truck. A wave of shock poured over her as she sat there in disbelief.

"A-Are you... serious?"

"I thought I'd be the one to tell you. Well, Gojo-Sensei told me to. He said he had his hands full with something. I'm sorry."

Gripping her closed fists tightly, she bit her lip and closed her eyes for a moment, recalling the night's events. 'Fell through the floor, fought a huge cursed spirit... ended up in a frog's mouth, now here in the infirmary. And... Itadori is... dead.'

...

A world where curses are tangible.

All humans were born with cursed energy; it was ingrained in their beings through negative emotions. Those who had the special power to harness cursed energy were known as sorcerers. Cursed energy gave these sorcerers uncanny abilities.

Being a Jujutsu Sorcerer was kind of like enlisting for the Japanese military, except you have innate cursed techniques or at the very least the ability to see cursed spirits. The unlucky soul signs up, or in this case, is invited to become a Jujutsu Sorcerer to fight for their country; not against mankind, but against cursed spirits. They're not well-known by the people they're protecting, but they place their lives on the line every day to keep those people safe.