Part 15: Carnival

Start from the beginning

"HAHAHA THIS IS THE BEST!!" He yells.

We go into the first loop and I grab Shuji's hand, throwing mine up as well.

"Yeah!!!"

We go through hell and back, twists and turns at every corner of the ride.. then suddenly the ride slows down and is over. I climb out kinda shaky.

"Damn that was epic." I smile and take Shuji's hand, feeling that familiar sense of home.

He chuckles giddy.

"You're right." He snickers, "I almost wanna go again! Come one, what do you say doll?"

I roll my eyes smirking "We told Leaf we would be back as soon as-"

Shuji interrupts me and kisses me fiercely. I break the kiss to try and say something but he just pulls me back in. He walks us out of the way and we kiss behind one of the washrooms. He rubs my back leaning down and kisses me like a starved man. I try to match his pace but can't keep up. He pulls away.

"Sorry I just needed to-"

In the heat of the moment, I pull him back by his collar and kiss him again. I bite his lip and he groans. I smile at his reaction and go to kiss his neck.

"I love you Shuji" I whisper as my lips meet his skin.

"Shit..." he mumbles.

I laugh and take his hand "Now, let's not keep Leaf waiting."

Shuji can only follow too flustered to think for himself.

"Sorry Leaf, we are back!" I say waving once I spot them at the table.

They look up at us and smile quickly before looking back down.

I look at Shuji confused. He shrugs.

"You alright Leaf?" I ask.

"hmm? Oh. Yeah I guess. I bought some food.." they say quietly.

I sit next to them with that sense of guilt coming back. "Thanks Leaf."

"No problem." They reply their voice barely over a whisper.

"Is there anything I can do for you? You seem out of it?" I ask.

"Y/N STOP IT I SAID IM FINE!" Leaf snaps.

Shit. "Ok sorry!"

"I'm sorry." Leaf looks up.

Shuji sighs sits down across from us lazily leaning back in his chair.

"Is it 'cuz of Kazutora?" He states tilting his head.

"I don't wanna fucking talk about it right now." Leaf says defensively looking up at Shuji annoyed.

"Sorry." Shuji sighs, picking up a fry. 

Bored and distracted, turns his head slightly to watch a buzzing rollercoaster near us, trying to distance himself from the tension at the table.

Leaf suddenly leans forward the table's creaking breaking the silence. "Damn! Hanma! Is that a hickey?"

Me and Shuji blush. Leaf laughs. "Sheesh, you two are such losers." They chuckle and sigh wistfully. "But honestly? I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being such a pain... it's just been hard.... existing.." Leaf turns to look at the sky to avoid our eyes. "It's been lonely... Constantly. And.. I mean I thought today would help? But being the third wheel just is a constant reminder of how Kazu's, you know.."

"Yeah. Sorry about that Leaf I should have thought about that." I sigh.

"sm'ts not your fault." Leaf dismisses this and starts to eat.