Xiao Sheng, on the other hand, was only seven and Li Ming could see that both his mother and elder sister had tried to keep him healthy and fit.

"Do you think I'm also an idiot like the rest of those brainless people who can't see the truth behind the facade of that Miss Lan? But to be honest, I agree that I wasn't expecting the truth to be something like this." Li Ming said as she collected all the scrolls of designs and folded them before putting them aside.

"Whether you believe it or not but I still think that behind your accident back when you were poisoned had something to do with this Miss Lan." Li Ming said as she looked at Jin Jing.

"Why do you think like that? Though she had indeed stolen my designs and made me the villain in front of everyone but can she really be the one behind my accident?" Jin Jing asked but it was clear from her tone that even she had her own doubts.

It's just she didn't want to believe that her childhood best friend or more like ex-friend, could hate her to such a level.

But if she looked back, all the hints were there from the starting.

Jin Jing's father was one of the third rank officials while her mother was the only daughter of a merchant. Their family was definitely not one of the high-class nobles but they were living a happy life.

When Jin Jing was born she had a very strong spiritual core which instantly made her one of the few genius children of the Wang Empire.

As she grew up her cultivation level increased rapidly. Just at the age of eight, she had already surpassed the eighth level of Basic Cultivator Rank, something that had not happened in the Wang Empire for quite some decades.

Due to her good cultivation, she was immediately summoned to the Imperial Academy of the Wang Empire. She was undoubtedly the most favorite student of all the teachers and one of the best students at the Academy.

The Imperial Academy was exactly where she met Ming Zhu, the eldest daughter of General Lan. In very little time both of them became close friends.

Jin Jing was so innocent and simple-minded that she never realized the sudden change in Ming Zhu and how her friend started to turn cold towards her.

And all that started when her father tried to stand against one of the plans that General Lan had suggested for the flood relief in the villages of the western province of the Empire.

Both their fathers were never on good terms with each other throughout their career as the officials but this time there was something deep behind their clash.

As time passed by there were many incidents where she had seen the jealousy and anger in Ming Zhu's eyes but always ignored it as her overthinking.

And then after a few weeks, her accident happened. They were on the task of collecting spiritual herbs from one of the mountains ranges near the Capital City when out of nowhere Jin Jing was attacked by a group of poisonous pythons.

Somehow she got separated from her group and when she was attacked there was no one there to help her. She was barely eleven years old at that time and it was impossible for her to fight with more than a dozen third rank python beast all alone.

By the time her group and teacher found her she was already badly injured. Her body was filled with so much venom from all the bites from the pythons.

She somehow saved herself from dying due to the poison, by sealing her acupoints but by the time she was taken to a doctor, it was already too late to save her.

The best the doctors could do was to seal some of her meridians so that the poison won't reach her heart. And that led to the end of her cultivation journey.