CHAPTER 5 Basic Concepts of Chemical Bonding

Start from the beginning

"Yes. I'm early."

I glanced over my shoulder and found Martin Sandeke had stretched himself out on my bed, ankles crossed, leaning against my pillow, his laced together fingers resting behind his head.

Turning fully around, I aggressively chewed and stared at him. His eyes were moving up and down my body with a heated and slow appraisal. I glanced down at myself. I was wearing my Sponge Bob Square Pants tank top and sleep shorts. But I wasn't wearing a bra and my shape was easily discernible through the fitted shirt.

I crossed my arms over my chest and stiffened my spine. "How did you get in?"

"I have my ways..." He'd gone from appraising to ogling. He licked his lips. The action felt malicious. "Why don't you come over here?"

"I'm perfectly fine over here," I said primly, but the effect was ruined by the gob of gum in my mouth that was quickly losing its flavor. I reached for a napkin next to my food stuffs and daintily rid myself of the gum,tossing it into the trash two feet from my position. The nice thing about dorms is that everything is within reach.

However, I'd positioned myself on the side opposite the door. If I wanted to leave I'd have to walk by Martin on my way out.

Abruptly he said, "Bring the red pants."

"What?"

"When you pack, bring those red pants. I've been thinking about them a lot."

I sputtered, "I'm not bringing the red pants."

He shrugged, his hands still folded behind his head. "Fine. Don't bring the red pants. Bring nothing."

"I'm not bringing nothing, I'm not bringing anything!"

"Good. We're in agreement."

"That's not what I meant. I'm not bringing anything because I'm not going."

He squinted at me. "You promised."

"Under duress."

"I wasn't holding a gun to your head."

"No, just holding yourself to my body. That's quite enough to put me in a state of duress."

"My body places you in a state of duress?" Something wicked sparked behind his eyes.

"Of course. Of course it does. What a ridiculous question. Your body causes distress, disquiet, desolation, and puts me in a state of duress."

He grinned, sitting up in the bed like he planned to stand up. "Maybe I'll use it now."

"Please don't." I held up my hand as though it could stop him. It didn't stop him. He stood, reached for and closed the door, then whipped his shirt off. My mouth went dry. My heart thumped painfully. My girl parts forcefully made their opinion known.

Me want Martin flavored cookie! Me want cookie now!!

The sight was indecent because the sight immediately made me want to do several indecent things to him, around him, near him, on top, underneath, adjacent to-if it was a preposition, I wanted to do it with Martin.

"Ack! No!" I squeezed my eyes shut and covered my face with my hands. "Not the chest! Anything but the chest!"

"Anything?" I did not miss the wicked teasing in his taunt, nor did I miss the distinct sound of a zipper being undone.

"Okay, I lied. Shirtless is fine, just please, please, please don't take off your pants." I turned from him, still covering my face with one hand, and blindly reached for the door of the closet with the other. The closet ran the length of one wall and had sliding doors. I knew I would beable to fit inside. Maybe I could barricade myself until he left, or throw my shoes at him like missiles.