Cuddles🌡️

Sickie: Jimin
Caregiver: Taehyung

No one’s POV.:

Jungkook had been working on a new album lately and was preparing for a solo-comeback, occasionally texting his hyungs to arrange for them to attend his first promotional performance. While most members of the group wouldn’t be able to make it to his performance due to their own packed schedules, Jimin and Taehyung had promised to be there, which Jungkook couldn’t have been more grateful for. Having comebacks alone still felt weird to him, though he appreciated the creative freedom he now enjoyed as a solo artist. The group that had raised him would always be his family.

The day before Jungkook’s comeback, all of them were texting in their group chat, reassuring the maknae that everything would go well and hyping him up. Taehyung couldn’t help but notice the lack of messages from Jimin, despite being online and reading their conversation Jimin had wished their dongsaeng ‘good luck’ and a ‘successful comeback’ earlier but had withdrawn from the conversation afterwards. Taehyung figured his friend was busy, his phone laying next to him or something but he’d talk to the older privately later.

Jimin had already woken up feeling a little off and low on energy. Not having any appetite, he skipped breakfast before leaving his apartment to attend his schedule. He was so out of it that he only remembered Jungkook’s upcoming comeback when the other members started to talk about it on their group chat around lunchtime. Quickly texting his well-wishes, Jimin placed down his phone and pondered his next steps. Going without food for so long made him feel sluggish and even more out of it, so he knew he should have lunch but his stomach had since started to hurt and he didn’t feel like eating anything.

Hearing Jin’s voice inside his head, Jimin remembered the scolding for skipping his meals and giving himself hunger pains, so he made up his mind and sighed. He’d have some plain rice for lunch to see if his stomach tolerated it and if what he was experiencing hunger pains. Getting to his feet, he wrapped an arm around his sore middle but froze when his phone rang. Jimin saw Taehyung’s caller idea and plopped back down in his seat, accepting the call.

“Hey, I’m on my lunch break right now”, Taehyung announced, “You wanna grab a bite together or are you busy?” Jimin smiled. Considering they hadn’t seen each other in a bit, he would gladly take the younger up on the offer to hang out, even if it was only for a little while. Jimin slowly made his way down to the entrance, one arm protectively wrapped around his middle, the other hand clutching his phone. Walking caused his stomach to cramp but a smile spread on his lips when he spotted Taehyung. The younger greeted him with a hug before they headed to the car.

Taehyung had already instructed the driver which restaurant to take them to, so him and Jimin could catch up on the way there. Jimin’s stiff posture didn’t go unnoticed by his friend, though he tried to play it off. “Just a stomachache”, he admitted eventually, earning a sympathetic smile from Taehyung. Squeezing the other’s shoulder, Taehyung hummed: “Is that why you were so inactive when we were all texting earlier?” – “You could tell?”, Jimin muttered horrified, “Shit, what if Kookie took that as me being indifferent about his comeback?!” The younger shook his head, reminding: “We’ll go to his performance tomorrow and he’ll just think you were busy with work, while your phone lay next to you.”

With Taehyung’s encouragement, Jimin managed to finish all the rice he had ordered and even let himself be talked into eating some soup along with it. He wasn’t sure that what he had been experiencing were hunger pains though, his stomach weirdly bloated after their meal. Parting at the studio building, Taehyung promised to pick the older up the next day, so they could head to Jungkook’s performance together.

Jimin started to doubt himself being able to attend though as he got back home, only forcing himself to take a shower while he waited for the water in the kettle to start boiling. When it did, he made himself a cup of tea and filled his hot water bottle before limping to his bedroom and curling up around the comforting warmth. His stomach was still in knots, maybe even more so after he had eaten lunch, though his body had really needed the nutrients.