five. almost famous

Start from the beginning

   "Uh-uh." He nodded.

   "Will you grab the Balenciaga rack off the truck!" She yelled to one of her many staff members.

   "Hailey Millers gonna ask me questions?" Marie asked.

    "Everybody cannot wait to hear from you, Ari, and Andre. You guys are hero's "

    "Ari?" She looked confused at the mentioning of her name, not sure what she had done.

   "She helped hold off Luke inside the school."

   "Oh oka-." Marie was cut off by Courtenay.

   "So, currently we're testing out the guardians of godolkin." She spoke moving her hand with each letter of the new name. "Even when I'm saying it now it feels like it's too many syllables, so we'll see."

     "It's gonna be big. Like post-9/11 big." Jeff said, immediately widening Ari's eyes.

  "Oh- that's not.." Ari whispered, where they couldn't hear her.

  "Okay, um.." Marie ignored the clearly offensive quote made by Jeff. "What do I say? I... I've never... I've never been interviewed."

   "You don't h.. where are her call sheet and sides?" Courtenay called out.

   "Sides of what?"

   "No honey, your sides are your script." She laughed, receiving the script from her assistant and handing it to Marie. "God, you're so cute. It's just all written out here." She pointed to it. "You just gotta memorize with that little brain. You got it." She walked away to deal with something else.

   "You know, I'm jelly. You're like pretty woman without the, uh, ass-fucking for money." Jeff winked at her. "It was nice meeting you." He used his crutches to get away from her, leaving Marie completely alone, but not for long. 

   "Hey Marie follow me!" Ari went up to her, leading her to the dressing room.

  "If you want my advice I'd choose this." Ari pointed to the white dress with a matching white corset on the rack. "And I'd wear your hair like you did at the club the other night. That was cute and it shows off your earrings."

  "Thank you. Why are you being nice to me? You and your friends left me."

   "I didn't want to leave you, and they are not my friends they are my brother's friend's. ."

   "You have a really good friend, Athena. She stayed with me so I wouldn't be alone."

   "She's the best." Ari meant it. She could tell that her roommate was going to be one of her best friends  "Now you should change and go back out there. We have more pictures to take."

   She went back to where the others were, shortly joined by Marie in her new outfit. She looked beautiful, and Ari knew that her outfit was the right choice.

   "I'm just going to have Andre pose by himself for a little bit then I'll have you two join in." The lead photographer instructed them.

   They took photos of him posing differently before they nodded for the others.

   Andre offered Marie a step as she took her place. She seemed uneasy at first, but soon turned out to be a natural as she changed her position and poses, copying Ari and Andre at first, then finding her own moves.

   Ari and Andre stepped off the platform to give her, her much needed space. She had truly stolen the show with her looks and confidence.

   "Great, beautiful job everyone." The photographer released them, allowing them to leave.