Brotherly Bitterness

Start from the beginning

"Should we stop him? It looks like Branch is being very bothered by this guy," Val commented to the leaders.

"Hold on, Val," Quincy addressed, saying, "This might be how this guy interacts with Branch regularly. So, let's watch and see if it persists; if it becomes more severe, then we step in and put a stop to it."

Meanwhile, the new Troll said, "I bet you I can still pick you up," and without even waiting for Branch to give consent, he picked Branch up but struggled a little because he was heavy, saying, "Ooh, you got heavy."

Branch struggled to fight out of the new Troll's grip while he carried Branch high above his head, feigning his back giving out and tossing him from hand to hand, Branch being tossed around helplessly like a rag doll.

Barb, ready to bonk the new Troll in the head if need to be, pulled out her guitar, but Essence placed her paw on the guitar and pushed it down as if to silently say, "Not yet." While the Rock Queen scowled in response, she understood but remained a bit defensive in case Popsqueak's boyfriend got hurt.

Poppy, in the meanwhile, was watching all of this happen and saw how concerned and worried Branch was getting with this Troll coming from out of nowhere and manhandling him like crazy. Worried he was gonna hurt him, Poppy, now a bit ticked off, stood her ground and faced the mysterious Troll, telling him off sternly, "Hey! Stop right there! You put my boyfriend down and tell us who you are and what you want"!

"Y'all tell 'em, Poppy; that guy's got no raheet ta mess with your man," Holly shouted in support.

The new Troll listened to the now agitated Pop queen and placed Branch back down, the anxious Pop Troll stepping to the side to take a minute and recover while the new Troll adjusted his outfit and said to Poppy, offering a hand out to shake, "You're right; totally rude of me. Didn't even introduce myself."

Then, he said three words that dropped the biggest pipebomb in Troll history, saying while his back was slightly sore from the tossing around earlier, "I'm Branch's brother."

This came as a shock for EVERYONE present, earning an orchestra of gasps and shouts of surprise and shock: Branch...has a brother?!

"What," Poppy shouted, almost unable to believe it herself.

"What," Aggie, the leaders, ambassadors, Laguna, and the associates shouted in disbelief.

Dante fell over and fainted in shock.

"Bro! Dubstep has a bro, bro," Synth commented in shock, with Trollex sharing the same shocked look as he did.

"Oh my guh," Smidge exclaimed while clutching her head.

"Oh golly," Aggie declared, both her hands on her chest in response to the stunning revelation.

"Oh-ho-ho, what a world," Low-Note Jones smiled.

"Wow! And I thought I was the only one with a secret brother no one knew I had," Cooper commented, with Prince D, while surprised by the revelation, nodding in agreement.

Tiny, who was sitting in his father's hand, commented, "Ooh, drama! Corn me, Dinkles," as Mr. Dinkles spat out a tub of popcorn, with Tiny scooping some popcorn from it and ate it while watching everything transpire.

"Well, that's not gonna open a can of worms," Melody commented, both a bit sarcastically since she knew this WOULD open up a can of worms (metaphorically while also coping with being surprised to hear this.

While Poppy's jaw-dropped expression was the only available response she was giving at the moment, Branch shared no shock of this coming out, nor any happiness about it, as he peeked out from behind Poppy's back, glared at the Troll, who was now revealed to be his brother and said sternly, "Correction: used to be my brother. Not anymore," before he turned around, crossed his arms, and refused to even look at the new Troll.