The Conversation

Wednesdays on Cardale means a comfy P.E. Uniform for Prim. She still couldn't get over the sudden hangout with Anthony last Sunday and how her younger sister, Charlotte, was so calm handling the situation.  

Prim along with Olivia and Irish were walking in the hallway. Olivia was busy buzzing about the current issue revolving around Louie, Keira, and Candice. 

"They were so effing," said Olivia. "Spill the tea," said Irish. "Well, Candice was in Louie's room, and I know, it sounds stupid, but they left the curtains half-open," said Olivia. "And you know that weird guy, Aries Bhener, from 4th year, is neighbors with Louie," Olivia continued. "He caught the 'thing' on camera. They had sex," said Olivia, straightforwardly. "Then, of course, you know what happens next, she showed the record to Keira and then there. Keira's absent, I guess," added Olivia. "You're sure they didn't make this up?" said Prim. "Yeah, it hasn't spread that lot, yet, but I'm one of the first ones to know," replied Olivia. "The record was deleted, though. You know, Keira's not the type of girl to spread it around. Though, I don't like her that much," added Olivia. 

The first bell in the morning rang, so they headed quickly to their classroom. 

Prim, a bit nervous to step inside the classroom, hoped she wouldn't get Anthony's attention. She wasn't really assuming, she thought to herself, it just has a high possibility since the thought about what happened last Sunday might still also be in his mind.

Prim finally managed to walk inside the classroom to her seat. She let out a sigh of relief when she found Anthony chatting with his friend, Daniel.

She reached her chair and sat down. She was greeted by Angel's warm smile. "Hey," greeted Angel. "Hi," said Prim. 

Angel and Prim were busy engaging in a conversation when Evelyn walked towards them and stopped in front of Prim. "100 Pesos contribution," reminded Evelyn. She was elected as President on Monday. She reminded them of the contribution to the Student Council's school year funds. 

Prim and Angel both gave a 100 Peso bill to Evelyn. Evelyn thanked them.

As the hour progressed, they reached the 2nd period of the class. Mr. Miller walked into the classroom, and the class greeted him. The art subject was boring, they just discussed art but they didn't get to draw or paint. They weren't given any homework either.

During Mr. Miller's discussion, Prim caught Anthony staring at her. She glanced at his way, and they had a quick eye contact before Prim quickly looked away. Anthony smiled at her when they made eye contact. 

Angel caught this and noticed Prim was smirking. "Chill," Angel interrupted. "Huh?" said Prim, gaining her senses. "Oh, I- haha," said Prim who's blood rushing through her cheeks. She's sweating. She doesn't want Angel to think that she fancies this guy, and she doesn't want to think about it to herself either. Angel giggled.

At the back rows, Olivia was looking at both Angel and Prim. She turned her head to face Irish beside her. "Looks like Prim got a new best friend. She seemed more comfortable to Angel, though," said Olivia to Irish. 

Olivia had been close to Prim since forever, as she could remember. She was used to Prim hanging out only with them, and she wasn't used to Prim's cold shoulder. Olivia understood this approach from Prim after what happened at the funeral. 

Meanwhile, Anthony was interrupted by Daniel, his friend, from staring too long at Prim. "Hey," said Daniel. "Your girl's pretty," Daniel added. "Oh, we're not in a.. um.. we're not in a thing," said Anthony. "Huh, if you say so," said Daniel, smirking. 

-

During snack time, as usual, Prim was with Olivia and Irish at their usual spot in the cafeteria. Prim bought her favorite milk for her snack and drank it.