The Sunrise

Tears, sadness, and fear of the future, drowned Prim to the bottom of what we call life. However, she did have some sort of happiness somewhere, and she wondered if it really was happiness or did it only reduced the sadness.

It was 10 in the evening. Her family was in the living room. Her father and their helper were preparing dinner, her siblings were minding their own businesses, and she was lonely in her bedroom. Not exactly lonely, because Ginger is sleeping beside her.

She scrolled through her gallery, where she found old pictures of her with her mom. She was lonely. 

While she was relapsing, she received a notification from Messenger. It was from Angel.

Prim was having second thoughts, about whether she would reply to Angel or just leave her on the notification bar. But then, she decided to open the conversation between them.

Angel: Prim? I noticed you these past few days. It's not like I'm nosy or something, but I'm just

              concerned. If there's a matter or a problem, you can tell me if you're comfy enough.

Prim did not respond to this message and just left Angel on read.

Angel, on the other side, already knew that this might be related to Prim's mother's death. So, she added

Angel: Um, I might already know the matter and I just wanna say that I'm here for you. Your family's there for you. You are not alone. I know it's tough but I also know you're strong and someday, you will only look back to this situation and see how far you've achieved in life. It's okay to cry. You don't have to keep it all in. You have to let it out. I'm here.

Prim: Thanks...

Angel: You're always welcome <3 And um, you can exercise more? Or spend time with your family.

              To keep yourself distracted.

Prim thanked Angel for the comfort. She hadn't received this kind of comfort from Olivia and Irish, but they were still there when she needed them, of course.

This brought calmness to Prim.

A while later, "DIINNER!" John called. Prim went to the dining room with Charlotte following behind her. Jake had already taken his seat and was holding the spoon and fork, waiting for the other family members.

When everyone was settled in their seats, they began with a prayer.

Yaya Daisy handed the Adobo to Charlotte. "Thanks, Yaya," said Charlotte. Prim was reaching for the soup, then Jake tried handing it to her then accidentally dropped the bowl. Luckily, the soup was spilled on the floor, and on Charlotte, and not on the table. "Hey, what the f!" exclaimed Charlotte. "Sorry," said Jake.

Yaya was about to mop the mess but Bimbo insisted on doing the work instead. Charlotte headed to change her clothes and came back minutes later.

While eating, Prim intervened and said "Um, do you want to go for a walk tomorrow morning?" This was so random. But John replied anyway, "Oh, sure, 'nak. What time plan mo?" asked John. "5 in the morning?" replied Prim. "Okay, anything you want, 'nak," agreed John. Charlotte was blue, but she agreed anyway.

After dinner, Prim went to her room and put on her pajamas, then slept.

-

Waking up early on weekends seems like torture for Prim. It's 5:03 in the morning and John is all ready for a walk.