Chapter 1

'Everyone's bitter pointing their fingers, seeing the worst in each other' -Nico Collins (Nothing Ever Changes)

~~~

I've never really thought about it but, the surrounding area of NRC is quite bland. Sure there are forests, but those are mostly of two muted colours, brown and green. Add that to my bucket list, make the surroundings of NRC more glamorous. Though I guess it does make the buildings pop, even if they have darker tones as well.                             

In about 30 minutes I'll have my first class, history. Though professor Trein's voice is like watching paint dry, I still find his classes enjoyable. However if I said that to any of my peers most would give me a weird look.

Contrasting the landscape, a lot of my fellow students' hair are bright colours. They range from fire red to lilac. If you were to name a student I could probably be able to describe their appearance in detail. But to be perfectly honest most of my peers don't even know my eye colour. I guess it's to be expected. I don't speak to them, they don't speak to me. Besides they have little reason to, I don't like to present my abilities or personality in a showy way.

I guess a reason someone would talk to me would be either, because of a group assignment or to confirm I'm from Ignihyde. We have little reason to show ourselves. Most don't show our dorm colours in the case of an extrovert looking for a friend in Ignihyde. Either way, as soon as my fellow dorm members hear the bell, you can be as sure as hell that they'll be booking it to their respective rooms.

The Hall of mirrors is annoyingly far from the main building of NRC. And on top of that, you also have to climb so many stairs just to reach the entrance! Fortunately for me, I've pretty much mastered the art of •*☆fast travel☆*• !(Aka, teleporting or using magic to enhance my speed.)

I love the sound of shoes on stone floors. It reminds me of one of my teacher's high heels. If you heard them clacking on the ground you'd knew you'd be in trouble. It also makes it easier for me to hear people. Usually shoes will make a clicking sound, so unless their shoes are special or they are bare foot (why would anyone do that?), I'll be able to hear them.

20 minutes till class starts. I'm not too far away from the classroom. It's still early, so I guess I'll just play scenarios in my head in the courtyard. Finding a nice bench I sit down, letting my mind run wild with different stories and scenarios.

"Excuse me, but with any chance have you seen a boy with white hair and a flamboyant personality?"

~~~

Oooo, take a guess at who this fellow is! If you don't know then I'll just have to give you a participation trophy! Now, I've decided to give facts or backstory at the end of each chapter. So here you go! A lovely dose of backstory for our dear y/n!

~~~

"Welcome to Night Raven College, dear student!" a masked man awakens me. The man resembling a crow then quickly walks to another coffin. Wait coffin? Am I in a coffin? Taking a step forward, I quickly observe the new area I'm in. Looking behind me, sure enough I was sleeping in a coffin. That's quite strange and what's stranger was that it was surprisingly comfortable. 

Looking down at myself, I seem to be wearing some type of fancy clothing used in ceremonies. I do quite like the black cloth with purple and gold accents. Actually all the people around me are wearing the same robes. Wait. Is that the Dark Mirror? Was I selected as a NRC student? I never thought I would be selected, I mean who would? Being able to enter such a prestigious school could actually have many benefits! If you were to look over some facts...

Everyone's faces are covered from their robes, so it's hard to see their faces. "Now then, that's all the students, let us begin! You there, come towards the Dark Mirror!" the crow man clapped his hands then pointed to a slightly confused student, beckoning them forward. Wait, do I have to pay for this robe?

-Finished 24/11/23 9:27pm (AEST)

-719 Words