"Oh, right," Clara chuckled, "okay then. See you downstairs."

I hung up and put the phone away, forcing my hand off of Emmaline's waist, and held her shoulders, lightly shaking her, "Emmaline, wake up."

She groaned and shook her head, making me smile. I let go of her shoulders, trying to lift her head instead, "wake up, sunshine. We're leaving."

"Why," she frowned with her eyes still closed, resting her cheek on my hand that kept her face up, "leave where? Why?"

Ignoring the thud my heart did on the sight of her face in my hands I tried to casually say, "leave and go home because it's where we live?"

She tsk'd when I tried to make her sit straight, and her hand came to my chin, pushing my face away until I let her go, causing her to rest on my chest again. Aside from the fact that I needed her off of me right now because I couldn't take this anymore, we really had to leave because we only booked one night. I narrowed my eyes, an idea coming to mind before I brought both my hands to the sides of her rips, tickling her.

"Wha— Kai," she squealed and tried to jerk my hands away, but her eyes were still closed, "stop!"

"I tried to be nice," I chuckled as she wiggled on top of me trying to pry my hands off of her.

"I'm up! I'm up," she giggled and rolled onto her back with me following and towering over her, "Kai, I can't breathe."

"You—" I was cut off by her rolling over again, taking me with her, but there was no more space on the bed, causing her to let out a scream as I quickly slammed her body to me, turning so my back is the one who hit the ground with a thud instead of her getting crushed under my weight.

"Ugh," I groaned through gritted teeth, squeezing my eyes shut as a pain shot through my back, Emmaline's weight pushing against it. That was not fun. I heard her gasp and slowly opened my eyes regretting it on instant. She was so close. So close as in inches away from me, her hair falling on my shoulders. She had one hand on my shoulder, holding herself up and the other on the side of my ribs. And since when did she start looking at me like that?

"Emmaline," I whispered, my hands going to her upper arms. Her only response was blinking down at me and her hand on my shoulder slowly moving to my chest, making my heart almost jump out of it. No. This is not happening, "Emmaline, get up."

"Huh?" she breathed, and I slightly pushed her by her upper arms.

"Get up," I repeated, "we're late. We have to leave."

"Oh," she started before blinking rapidly, jerking off of me so sudden, "oh, right. Sorry! Just let me— aw"

Her leg hit the side of the bed, and I quickly sat up, "hey—"

"I'm sorry," she apologized again, and I frowned. What's happening right now?, "I'll be ready in a minute."

She scooped her bag off of the table and rushed to the bathroom, locking the door behind her, and I was left still sitting on the floor in utter silence. Was she... nervous? No, this was just Emmaline being Emmaline, right?

I exhaled in annoyance, getting up and packing my bag, trying to distract myself from thinking too much. Inviting Emmaline here was a big mistake. Because why the hell am I feeling like this? I know I don't like her, but being attracted to her? I always knew she's pretty. So pretty actually, but I never thought about doing anything about it. I always hugged her, always playfully messed with her by tickling her or restrained her in place to annoy her. However, I think it she as much as touched me right now I would actually lose my mind.