3 • AURORA ▪︎ daydream

School ended fast. I didnt have that many classes, and in no time i was at the rink getting yelled at by bridget.
" good, aurora! One more time !" Bridget yelled and i sighed before starting my routine once again.
The hockey team started to fall in and into the changing rooms, but one catched my eye.
Matt said something to one of his teammates before turning his attention back to me, leaning onto the side rack.
He kept his eyes on my and they followed me around the rink as my routine was near the end.
I made eye contact whit him on accident, and then somehow i couldn't stop.
I got lost in his eyes, his ligth blue eyes that pierced me.

Ans thats when my ankle slipped, making me slam into the rack.
Bridget hissed before coming over to me.
But it wasnt Bridget,  it was matt.
"Fuck. Are you okay ?" He kneeled in front of me and took my leg in his hand, softly touching my ankle.
" im fine, i just twisted my ankle." I tried getting up while holding onto the rank.
" come on matt, take her to the aid room and get her some ice for her ankle. Aurora, your dismissed for today." Bridget gave me a soft frown before nodding to matt.
Great.
" come on. Hold onto me." Matt patted his arm, holding out one of this hands to me.
" no way, im not-"
I didnt get to finish my sentece before matt grabbed my waist, pulling me closer and my arms wrapped around his arm.
We slowly walked into the aid room in silence, and matt grabbed me and placed me onto the high bed by my waist.
" im not a baby, you know. Im capable of getting up onto a hospital bed."
He chuckled while walking to a mini fridge and taking out some ice, he then made his way to a cabibet and took out stuff.

He then walked over to me, and sat down at my feet.
He grabbed my legs and softly pulled me closer, placing my legs in his lap.
He gauzed my ankle and put some kind of cream on it and i watched him.
He was so gentle whit me. Like i was a procelin doll he didnt wanna break.
" stop staring, carter." He didnt even look at me but i could see his smirk from there. I blushed in embarassment before brushing the smile off my face.
When he finished, he grabbed the ice pack and gently placed it onto my ankle. His hand stayed on the ice pack while his other hand softly caressed my legs, his thumb soothing all my problems.
" you shouldn't be so hard on yourself."
I scoffed. " you dont know how hard im whit myself. Just because i train a lot doesnt mean anything."
His gaze softened, making my breath become a little heavier.
" but i do. I notice it, aurora. "
" whatever." I mumbled.
I did know what he meant.
We both did. I just didnt want to accept how easly he sees thru me or reads me like a book.
He got off the bed, and as i expected him to go straigth for the door, dissapointment came over me.

I didnt want him to leave. Somehow, i wanted to stay in this moment where he saw me and i saw him. A soft, quiet but also loud moment.
He suddenly turned back, making a soft gasp to exit my mouth.
He walked over to me, his hands softly caressed my thighs before pushing them apart, making room for himself between my legs.
I was speechless. All oxygen left my lungs, i forgot how to breathe and to even exist. Me and him, we were one.
He towered over me while His eyes rammered my face before stopping at my lips. He softly raised his hand, tilting my chin up and making me look into his eyes.
" i see you, aurora. All inside and out.
You cant hide from me."  His words pierced thru my heart before he took a second and turned on his feet, he went for the door and walked out.
What the fuck ?
His words scared me. They made me shiver and sweat at the same time.
Of course he didnt see me. Not all of me, i mean.
We've never gotten this close before. I could feel his breath on my face and i felt his hands burning thru my skin when he touched me.
I took a few more minutes before walking out slowly from the aid room and taking a good look around before calling an uber from my phone.
" hey , you okay? I just saw you waddle from the aid room." Someone came up to me, and i raised my head to reveal a boy dressed in a hockey suit, big broad shoulders, blonde locks and brown eyes.
Josh, who was one of matt's teammates gave me a soft smile.

" i just twisted my ankle, but i'ii be fine."
He nodded before keeping a converstation going whit me.
We were really good friends.  Josh was one of the very few people matt and i both liked.
My eyes shifted around the rink for a minute before they got stuck at matt, who was standing in the middle of the rink glaring at us
He looked pissed, the hockey stick in his hand looked like it was about to snap.
Josh and i wrapped up the converstation when his coach called the team over, and i grabbed my bag and walked to my uber.
When i got home and settled down, i got a message from an unknown number that confused me entirely.

Messages

Unknown number - do you and josh have something going on, aurora?
Aurora carter - who is this ?
Unknown number - doesnt matter. Tell me
Aurora carter - its definently not your business so no, i will not tell you anything.
Unknown number - fine. Its matt.
Aurora carter - matt ? Why are you asking?
Matt sturniolo - just bc. I dont trust Josh
Aurora Carter - thats bullshit. He's your bestfriend, isnt he ?
Matt sturniolo - you sound like a five year old.
Aurora carter - im not the one butting into my enemies personal life, am i?
Matt sturniolo - whatever. Answer my question
Aurora carter - we dont. If we did anyways, it wouldnt be any of your business especially.
Matt sturniolo - good.

_
Irl

Good ? What did he mean 'good' ?
Why did he look like he wanted to kill josh when me and him were taking, and why did he have to come that close in the aid room just to tell me i cant hide from him ?
Why does he care so much if me and josh are dating or not ?
I went to bed whit a scrambled head that day. I was utterly confused. And matt didnt look like he was confused in the aid room at all. He looked like he'd wanted to do this for so long.  Even if were just talking about touching me.

~

The next few days went by fast. Matt had kept on ignoring me in all ways. We havent talked since whatever happened in the aid room besides eye contact and constant glancing at eachother.
I wasnt desperate to talk to him, or anything. It was just weird.
I missed his horrible jokes, the worst things he'd find funny and all the snickering in math class.
I hated how far he'd managed to push us apart- shit.
No, no, no. I wasnt daydreaming about matt sturniolo, right ?
" rory? Could you please answer question c for the class?"
Mr. Smith, my math teacher called me and ripped my mind out of the daydream.
This is the only time im glad a teacher called my name.

___
1295 words