Oikawa looked back and forth between them and smiled before walking a few week away.

Haru looked at his girlfriend, "What?"

"I did what you said and befriended him. Because of that, he invited me over and I couldn't say no. I hope that's okay." She explained.

"That's okay. But remember, not too close, alright?"

She smiled, "Promise."

He softly kissed her head and walked off.

Y/N rejoined Oikawa, who seemed worried.

Her eyebrow rose, "What?"

"I didn't cause any problems, did I?"

"No. Why? Should you have?"

"Well, no but... Nothing, nevermind. Let's go!"

The walk to his place was a little awkward but he did try his best to keep conversations flowing. He knew that if he wasn't persistent, she'd never open up to him again.

When they arrived, he led her up to his room and took her bag from her, hanging it up along with his.

Her eyes scanned all around his room. She hasnt been here in 2 years and it still looks how she remembered.

He sat on his bed and took his school blazer off. Y/N went and sat at his desk chair. She felt like a complete stranger.

Oikawa looked at her with a smile, "You can sit here with me, I promise I won't bite."

"Okay.."

She got up and went to sit next to him, still feeling pretty awkward.

"Y/N."

"Hm?"

She looked at him and he was already looking at her.

He let out a soft laugh, "No need to be so awkward. I'm the same person I've always been. Just, talk to me."

"Sorry. To be honest, Haru was the one that said I should be friends with you again. He said he felt bad seeing you trying so hard. So i listened. I guess i'm still holding back on purpose. For my own reasons."

"I get that. But, I'm not gonna hurt you ever again. I promise. You have Haru. I know he'd never hurt you." He sweetly told her.

Her eyes never left his.

Though she didn't want to think this while having a boyfriend, she could see why he's so popular with girls.

He's super cute and can be really sweet.

Afterall, that's why she fell for him in the first place.

"What are your reasons anyway? If you don't mind me asking." He questioned.

She softly bit her lip, "Well, when I think about them, they sound valid. But if I say it out loud, it might just sound silly."

Oikawa nudged her, "It probably isn't. Tell me. Do you think I'm a jerk? Is it the fangirls? I'll tell them to back off if you want."

"No...it's..." Her voice trailed off, "Fear..."

His eyes widened a bit as he faced his ear towards her a bit since she spoke in such a hushed voice, "Huh? Tear?"

"Fear." She spoke up.

"Fear? Of what?"

Y/N let out a deep sigh, "Nothing."

"You can't do that! You can't just say that and then say 'nothing'!" He whined, "What is it?! What are you afraid of!"

"Okay, look," She started, facing her body towards him, "I have Haru. I like him a shit ton. But, the reason I started dating him was to get over you! We weren't talking by then so it was easy for me to forget about you but now.."

"You're afraid you're gonna start liking me again?"

"Unfortunately."

It went silent for a bit before he placed a hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort her in a way, "Hey, don't worry about it. I'm sure that you're just gonna keep seeing me as a friend this time around. I mean, not that I'd blame you for liking me again. Like cmon, I'm amazing. But! Here's what we'll do. The second you feel like those feelings are coming back, just tell me to fuck off, and I will, yeah?"

She gave him a weak smile, "Are you sure you will?"

"I can't promise but I'll try. But, I'd rather that doesn't happen. And I mean more of the 'liking me and telling me to fuck off' situation again. Again, I'd get it but we both know that after a while I'm just gonna start bothering you again. You mean a lot to me."

"Well, I guess time will tell, won't it?"

𑁍-''-𐦍