Chapter 17: The big uneasy

Začať od začiatku

"A onetime enemy with whom you've grown rather nauseatingly intimate," Elijah told him.

"Well, who said maintaining alliances can't be fun?" Klaus asked them in amusement.

"One would think you'd be a little more interested in attending to the needs of the mother of your child," Elijah told him.

"So, she's the reason behind this oh-so-thoughtful renovation?" Klaus asked "Elijah, the truth is, Hayley is werewolf royalty. The mother of my child is far safer in the bayou with her pack than she would ever be here with us. Don't worry. I'll bring her home before the birth. No child of mine will be born in a swamp."

Klaus then walked away, leaving Elijah and Larisa alone in the courtyard.

The main stretch of the parade was on the street.

The pavements were filled with people wearing all types of glow in the dark jewellery and spinners, matching the neon signs of bars and restaurants, members of The French Quarter.

Coven walking up the road holdings lanterns on sticks over their heads.

They were beacons of warm light in the night, linen outfits to keep them cool.

The three Harvest girls were on thrones, carried in the centre of it all, dressed in outfits to symbolise the element they'd represented.

Davina's gown was a wonderful orange-red, and all of them had flower headdresses on.

Larisa and Maximo were watching their little witch with proud smiles on their faces.

But Larisa couldn't help but notice that Monique's was a lot higher quality than Abigail and Davina's.

They were waving to the crowd, guests holding photos of dead relatives and drinks, cheering at the excuse to party in the city, loving every second of it, even though they didn't have the slightest clue what was really going on.

Davina looked towards her mother and Maximo and her smile grew even bigger as she waved at them.

They waved back at her, before she turned towards the crowd.

The float stopped moving, the girls standing up and letting their carriers walk them forwards to the main stage, where Genevieve joined them.

The stage looked really weird with only three elements.

"Now, in accordance with the Fête des Bénédictions,"

Genevieve was dressed in a long black dress with sheer puff three-quarter length sleeves.

"The witches of New Orleans bless you all!"

The crowd cheered.

Monique went first, earth tones with a beaded bodice, one strap over her left shoulder, hair curled and pinned to the opposite side.