Chapter 12 - The First Battle

"Alright, let's see what we are working with here."

Vesperia said, examining the team, materials, and surroundings. The team wasn't in the best state, the material were broken slabs of bricks, metals, and plastic. Some heroes groaned in pain, and that was not something the heroes were ready to bear witness. Normally their magic prevented them from getting hurt; meaning Marinettes power fought against their healing powers.

Mostly everyone coughed weakly, the raging fires of buildings haven't been doused out, its unnatural smoke filling the normally clean air of Paris, making it hard to breathe properly. Vesperia's eyes started to water, the thick smoke attacking people's eyes as well as their noses. The heroes quickly entered a building and took a deep breath of air, the slight smell of new furniture and heavy cologne was heavenly compared to the burnt smell of smoke.

As everyone started recovering themselves Vesperia took another deep mighty breath before yelling out the magic words that would unleash the powers of the ladybug and give her a valuable item needed in the plan she would create once she gets the materials she needed, as well as the people and setting. She called out the power, desperately begging that the object would provide some sort of hint as how to approach the situation that was in their hands.

Vesperia caught the object as it fell down after being lifted up into the air, gripping the handle as she looked at the object quizzically. It was... A mirror. A bright red mirror with black spots all over the mirror as decoration, showing this to be the lucky charm. Yet as Vesperia looked around the room, no material reached out to her. Neither the setting, nor the people in her view sight.

Annoyed, she quickly stomped outside and looked around wildly, trying to take in every building, every object and person in sight that she could. The annoyingness inside of her quickly turned into sheer raw desperation as she continued to look around. She tried parks, buildings, even Marinettes room. All were complete dead ends. When you thought you had a way out the cunning and clever maze it flipped you back to the entrance where you started.

Vesperia quickly turned anxious, panting heavily, feeling as though breath was escaping her. No matter how much air she gulped it seemed to never be enough. It would never be enough. She finally had the respect, the opportunity, the chance. Of course she had to botch it up, ruin it like always. What was she thinking? She never took action, she never even truly battled, just running, jumping, and stinging. She shook her head as tears fell down her cheek. She was never supposed to do this, she was never supposed to be a hero. Born a mistake, living life as a mistake. Why had she let herself believe she was any different? That she could belong here?

She quickly dried her tears. She couldn't waste anymore time. She would do whatever she could and explain to the others she wasn't the one. Give the miraculous to Chat Noir or some other hero just as capable and willing, someone who actually deserved it. She took in a deep breath, shuddering from how much she cried, her throat raw and dry, her face felt moist with tears.

She quickly went back to the abandoned building, but no one was there. It was deadly silent, and tension quickly filled the room as Vesperia arched her back. Someone was here. Someone who was being quiet, stealthy, sneaky. Quietly, Vesperia made a slow silent attempt to grab her yo-yo as she felt a shadow loom over her, she quickly yanked the yo-yo from her belt and made a futile attempt to hit the villain, the sound making a mighty wack! As she made a run for it.

She heard laughter as she used her arms to push through the doors, the force making the doors impact with the wall with a heavy bam as she heard the person behind her advancing at an alarming rate. Suddenly, everything stopped. It felt as though Vesperia was stuck in place, her knee reaching for the sky at a painfully slow rate, as she heard the person behind her ear breath. She gave out another low laugh, full of madness and insanity.

Suddenly, Vesperia was winded. She barely registered what had just happened when another blow to the girl was made. She groaned in pain as another hit impacted her body, leaving behind a bruise that was sure to appear on her skin in a few days. As she kept getting punched relentlessly, she took a few seconds to register Marinettes look.

Marinette had her normal skin back and her normal face, well, as normal as it can be with floating hair suspended in mid air and glowing white eyes. She wore a long sleeved dress and heels that were suspended in mid air. She was floating, with a light white transparent brim around her, looking like some sort of shielding mechanic.

Vesperia groaned weakly, the only indicator she wanted her to stop. But there was no stopping Marinette; she had officially become insane with fury, taking it out on the next person she sees. The realization makes her stomach drop. What happened to the others? Were they tortured as well? Beaten to.. To death? The idea of her team mates being murdered sent a whole new shock through her body, and she quickly began to sob dryly, her body having no more tears to dry.

As she continued to get beaten up with no mercy whatsoever, unbeknownst to her someone was there. Watching the pain, begging Marinette to stop. Because, unknowning to everyone, it wasn't Marinette that was in charge no longer. You see, when she allowed her power to course through her body, what gave the power fuel and energy was the emotion. Emotions where what gave power to her, and it was her emotions that were controlling her. So, no longer was Marinette in control. Instead, her negative emotions took place.