023. ᴛʜᴇ ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ

Start from the beginning

Stefan watched the two amused. The only thing keeping him going was Arabella and Arabella's actions to make the hybrid annoyed.

"Just do it, Arabella, the sooner we get out of here." The hybrid spoke, taking his phone out, waiting for Arabella to put the sweater under her clothes, pretending to be pregnant.

"Well, come on then." She spoke before walking up to the house, seeing and hearing a woman call for Rudy, the woman's dog, she assumed.

When they stood right in front of them, the woman gasped as she turned around.

"I am so sorry, We didn't mean to scare you." Klaus spoke in an American accent, which was so false, Arabella wanted to laugh. She didn't, for Stefan's sake.

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah, our car ran out of gas a couple miles back. We've been walking forever. Yours it the first house I've come to."

"Could I use your bathroom, please. The baby, she keeps kicking and I really have to." Arabella spoke, at first the woman wanted to say no, but when she looked down at the fake belly bump, she spoke.

"Of course. You can go in. It's just the second door on the left."

"Thank you!" Arabella spoke as she walked away, leaving the hybrid.

"Excuse me, miss," she spoke as she stood in the house. "You're friend said I could use you bathroom."

"Of course, come in. Second door."

"You are too kind." Arabella smiled at her.

"While my wife is going to the bathroom, I hoped I could use your phone."

"Don't you have a cell phone?"

"Yeah." He took the phone out of his pocket, showing it to her. "Battery died. Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer. I just wanna use your phone."

"Sure." The woman sighed.

"So, I can come in?" He asked.

"No, I'll get the phone and bring it out to you."

The accent fell. "I thought you county fold were supposed to be more trusting."

"I'm from Florida."

"Well, that explains it." He grabbed her throat. "Now, show me a little Southern hospitality."He compelled her. "Sweet pea." Klaus added.

"I bet you $100 that dog ran off to a house with air-conditioning." The woman from inside spoke as Klaus waited outside next to the blonde woman. "What's going on?"

"Please don't be alarmed." Klaus spoke. "I'm told Ray Sutton lives here."

"He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly."

"But I expect he makes it home once a month." Klaus spoke as he walked inside. "That's what I thought. Where is he now?"

They didn't answer.

"If I have to make you tell me, it's going to be infinitely more painful for you." Klaus spoke but the brunette ran, only to be stopped by Stefan, who was standing just outside the threshold.

"I love it when they run." Klaus spoke, walking in the hallway with the blonde.

"He's in Tulley." She admitted. "It's near the border. A bar called Southern Comfort, it's off highway 41."

"Thank you, my love. Now, may my friend come in and play?"

"Yes."

Klaus pushed the blonde forwards as Stefan walked inside, closing the door behind him. "Kill this one quickly." He looked over to the other one. "Make that one suffer."