Chapter 12 - You Do Know That You're Pretty Too, Right?

Start from the beginning

Pushover...

"What's taking you guys so long-" Drake enters the kitchen, a packet of chips in his hand and some crumbles smeared on his mouth. "Mace?"

"Drake!" Macy chirps, a smile evident on her face. "I'm here to tell Colton that he's needed back home, but let that be. You're a horrible friend, really. Can't you take out some time to see your friend?"

"You know that's not true," Drake rolls his eyes playfully. "It's you who should find out some time for me! You're just too busy banging the Andrews brothers-"

"Drake," Colton warns him.

"Sorry, sorry," Drake smiles sheepishly, scratching his neck awkwardly, "no offence, really..."

They keep conversing casually and teasing each other, and I find myself very out of place. This is not my scene.

Kissing someone who's not your boyfriend, having sex with someone you don't love... it's called making love, isn't it? How can you make love to so many people? The tattoos and drinking alcohol anytime they like: I'm just not comfortable with any of it.

I may sound boring but I'm totally fine with it as long as I stick to my principles, and drinking and kissing anyone randomly are definitely not one of those.

Looking down so that my hair falls forward as a curtain to hide my face, I slowly slip out of the kitchen, walking towards my room and fidgeting a lot for no reason.

Macy seemed like a genuinely nice person but her personality is nothing like me, and I decide not to have to do anything with her in near future.

I slam the door of my room behind me but the impact never occurs.

I fling myself on my bed thinking that it is Cam who has obstructed the door, and I say to him, "Go away, Cam. I'm in no mood to talk."

"I'm not buying that."

I turn around on my bed swiftly, almost breaking my neck in the process and see Drake looking down at me with a weird expression. The packet of chips is still in his hand and he throws one in his mouth before slowly coming towards me and sitting beside me on the bed.

The bed dips lower under his weight and I see an adorable crumble of a chip just under his bottom lip. And also one on his cheek.

"Wassup?" he drawls and I stare at him in confusion. "Why did you leave like that, all of a sudden?"

I continue to stare at him until I realize that he's serious. But I joke, nonetheless.

"I felt the presence of holy spirits down there."

Drake chuckles, eating another couple of chips and I eye the packet. He raises it up towards me, offering some to me but I shake my head.

"Don't you like Macy?" Drake asks and I naturally try to avoid the question.

Pointing at his lips and wiggling my index finger, I say, "You got a little... on your..."

He furrows his eyebrows and wipes his mouth on his t-shirt. Boys...

"Nuh-uh, still there," I say with a smile and he looks so embarrassed; it's kinda cute. Looking away, he furiously rubs his face causing me to laugh out loud; I barely hear him grumbling 'not funny' under his breath.

"Right. So I gather you don't like Macy?" he questions again, but I'm unable to answer properly.

"I don't even know her yet, but she seems pretty," I say, biting my tongue. "Very pretty..."

"You're having gay feelings for her?"

"What?" I say in disbelief, but one look at an amused Drake tells me that he's just pulling my leg. "You're so random, you know that?!"

"Okay, okay, jokes apart," he sobers up quickly; I wonder why we're even having this conversation and why Tracy, I mean, Macy's the subject of it.

"You do know you're pretty too, right?" Drake says, shifting closer to me but I just smile sarcastically to myself.

"Yeah, right."

"Who's that asshole who told you otherwise?" he mutters, his voice coming out in a low growl.

"N-No one," I stutter, slightly startled at the way he is sounding. "I don't know, I just... forget it, okay Drake? Let's not talk about it."

"Okay. But that doesn't change that you are cute."

I look up slightly, feeling my ears going warm. Soft lips meet my cheeks suddenly, making that area heat up too; I realize that Drake just kissed my cheek.

"Drake, I-" I begin as he gets up.

"See you downstairs," he winks at me, cutting me off and leaves the room, emptying the packet of chips.

****

What? You thought she would actually kiss someone so fast? Look up, guys. Just the 12th chapter XD

I'm sooo hungry, so I'll go and have dinner now! :P

Please do vote and comment if you've liked the chapter!

Goals: Can I set it a bit higher? 28-29 votes? 60 comments.

Teaser: Oohh crush advice from Ella's sister!

-Crazy