"Great." I felt bad for using that tone, but all I could do was defend my best friend.

"Oh and uh- how's her- how's her studies going?" He brought his hand through his hair nervously.

"You should ask her yourself." I say with a flat tone.

I don't mention on what terms they're on because Pablo's never told me about it.

"Yeah.. I will." He replied hesitantly, before deciding to look at the ceiling too.

"How was Pedri?"

"Well he was alright. Although he was pissed off for drawing on his birthday." My body shot up straight when I heard his second sentence.

"What?" He looks at me and lifts his hands up in défense. "I mean he's just a bit annoyed, he should be fine in a hour or so."

"It's his birthday?" His eyes grew wide as his hand slapped over his mouth.

"Shit." He groaned as he hit the bench with his fist slightly. "Why can't I ever remember to do what I'm asked?" He whined.

"He didn't want to tell me?"

"What? No no. It's not like that at all." Pablo defended his best friend. "He just asked to not bring it up ar.. okay now it does seem like that but it's not!"

I sigh as drag my hand down my face, before standing up and turning towards Pablo to speak. Before I can, I'm engulfed in a big hug from behind and from the smell of perfume I recognise it's Pedri.

"Hey you two." He said as he looked at me and Pablo, I looked over to Pablo and he gave me a 'be calm' face. "Let's go, I'm starving." He helps Pablo up and starts walking down the corridor.

"He's hungry of secrets that's what." I whisper to myself and Pablo laughs, hearing me.

Pedri turned to look at us weirdly before leading the way to the parking lot.

"How was your day?" Pedri asked the two of us as he sat on the backseat in my car.

"Fine." I replied as Pablo started to develop his much better then I had.

I drove us back to Pedri's house, not Turing off the engine as I arrived in his driveway.

"Are you not staying over?" Pedri asked as I lowered my window.

Pablo grabbed the keys from Pedri's pocket and walked to the door, probably to leave us two alone as he gives me a sympathetic smile.

"No.. I wouldn't want to bother your celebrations.." My tone was bitter and sarcastic.

"Oh.." He leaned his arms on the bottom part of my window as he turned my engine off. "Look.. I didn't want to tell you because I don't want to celebrate it." He seemed hesitant as he looked at the ground. "I've always celebrated it in Tenerife and this year I couldn't." He looked back at me and I felt bad for judging without really knowing. "It's going to be the first year I'm not home with my parents for it."

I took off my seatbelt and he opened the door for me, leading me inside as we saw Pablo had gone up to his room. He turned around and hugged me silently.

"I'm not in the best mood, so I get if you'd want to leave." He said as I wrapped my arms around him in a hug.

"What? Of course not." I tried to release from the hug but he didn't, so I continued to hug him back. "We're going to celebrate your birthday as best as we can, even thought it won't top how it is with your family."

I felt him nod against my shoulder, before releasing from the hug and turning around quickly.

"What if I ordered some McDonalds?" I questioned him and he hummed.

"Yeah! That's a great idea." He turned to face me. "I'll quickly take a shower and then we'll order?"

"Perfect."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Author's/Note)
Heyyy

I'm sorry for being inactive I have a lot going on atm.

Love,

Pedriittaa <3