Chapter Twelve

"Carlos!" I jumped into my best friend's arms. "I've never been so happy to come to work." I giggle. "It's been so long."

"Yes! I was kind of excited to get back to work to be able to see you."

Once we had finished our afternoon shift, we decided to go out and take a bite to eat and take the opportunity to catch up.

"So, where did you end up going for your holidays?" I asked him once our plates were served.

(...)

My phone rang, the caller ID being Pedri's. I decline and sit down in my car, starting the engine and waiting for the heating to turn on.

As I start driving towards my house, I get another call from Pedri, but before I can decline, I realise it is Sira who is calling me.

"Hey girl." I answer as I stop at a red light.

"What?" I can hear a masculine voice say before she speaks,"Hey Rosa!" She squeals. "Mikky only has an hour or so left!"

"She's delivering?!" I ask shocked as I turn around to head towards the hospital. "I'm on my way."

"See you!" She squealed.

Once I arrive in the lobby, I see Pedri waiting inside.

"Hey." He smiles as he kisses my cheek, grabbing my hand as he starts to lead me towards the rooms.

I pull my hand away from his. "Hi." I mutter.

He turns his head towards me as if he wanted to say something, but instead stops in front of a room. A few meters away, I spot Sira on a bench, sitting next to Ferrán.

"Sira and Ferrán!" I smile as I hug them. She shuffled closer to Ferrán to leave me some space on the bench.

"I'm so excited!" Sira squealed again as she clapped her hands together.

Ferrán rolls his eyes. "We found out a few hours ago, but we decided to tell you once you were finished your shift. She hasn't stopped squealing since." He fake sighs.

I laugh. "Nothing too surprising."

Pedri has been standing there in front of the bench, looking at us intently.

"I'm going to grab something to eat." He says, looking at me, and gesturing for me to follow him.

I sigh as I get up and walk through the white and bland corridors next to him.

"You really declined my call before accepting Sira's in the next minute?" He says as he stops in front of a vending machine.

I laugh, and he looks at me confused. "You're one to talk."

"What do you mean?"

"Come on Pedri!" I sigh frustratedly, "You can't ghost all my texts for four days and expect me to pick up the one time you call."

"I was away Rosalía."

"And so what? You can't reply anymore? There's not even a time difference." I cross my arms as he looks back at me, leaning his shoulder on the vending machine. He doesn't say anything so I speak up. "You could've replied anything. I sent you like fifteen text messages."

"I don't know how to do this Rosalía." He looks down at the floor, crossing his arms in front of himself too, but in defeat.

"You don't know how to do what?"

"I don't know how to be around you." He looks back up at me, before quickly looking back down.

I laugh. "Right. Because you only know how to be around girls you hook up with."

He looks back up at me, furrowing his eyebrows. "That's not fair."

"Sure it is! Is it because you're a footballer? Is that okay then?" I roll my eyes. "You're the one who insisted so much for us to meet again after the accident Pedri." I sigh.

"Yeah, because you looked really nice. I like you Rosalía, I do."

"You don't show it." I reproached.

"Because I don't know how to." He sighs, placing a hand on his forehead. "I want to spend time with you, but I also don't want to ruin things."

"And that's why you ghosted my texts?" I ask, unimpressed.

"I ghosted you because I regretted what happened before I left."

That was my last straw, and I turned around to walk away back to the bench Sira and Ferrán were sitting on. Before I can, Pedri grabs my hand and pulls me back.

"I'm scared to catch feelings.. it's been so long and I've never felt like this so early on." He wraps his arms around me in a hug "But while I was in Madrid I thought about it, and I want to make things work."

I take a breath. "But how do I know you're not trying to just hook up with me and then ghost me?"

"You can't...You're going to have to trust me. I really want to make something with you." After a moment he speaks up again. "Can we try to put this behind us?"

He sees me hesitate. "I'll do everything to make it up to you." He grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it.

After awhile of looking into each others eyes, I pull away from his arms and he turns completely towards the vending machine.

"Crunchy M&M's?" He smiled at me as I nodded, a faint smile on my lips too.

He swiped his card and grabbed some M&Ms, a Snickers bar and four water bottles, before we headed back towards Sira and Ferrán.

Time passed by slowly, but we were finally allowed in Mikky's room. As soon as I entered, I notice Fernkie and Mikky's dark circles, but their faces are plastered with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Author's/Note)
Hey hey hey!!

I'm not writing about Mikky's baby yet because we have no news of it!

I feel soo soo soo bad for Pablo Gavi, he definitely doesn't deserve it. He was one of our best players atm too 💀😭

Love,

Pedriittaa <3