1.1 Tough Luck Kid

Start from the beginning

Professor: I'm sorry, but if you can't produce any reason to the contrary, I'm afraid I'm going to have to flunk you. 

Y/N: But sir, I...

Professor: You will have to retake my class next semester. I'm sorry. Maybe next time you can study something a bit more...  grounded.

Y/N walked out of the classroom glumly. He really didn't mind retaking the class. What bothered him was that no one took his ideas seriously. The pig headed, stubborn professors of this institute wouldn't stop for one moment to think if the imaginary could be real.

Y/N: (muttering to himself) They said Galileo's predictions were outrageous, didn't they? 

As Y/N was walking down the halls, he noticed Dr. Stantz, Dr. Spengler, and Dr. Venkman. Stantz was talking excitedly with his two comrades. They appeared to be discussing one of their latest ghost encounters. 

Stantz: Think of the possibilities this could mean to academia. If Spengler's right and we can actually entrap a ghost, we could really break the whole scientific community! We'd win the Nobel Prize! Think of it. New medicines, new technology, new understandings of the afterlife. The possibilities are limitless...

He seemed to trail off as he entered their lab. Y/N wondered what they were talking about and wanted to discuss with them his ideas. However, he saw people moving equipment out of their office. He stood behind the door with his back to the wall, trying to listen to their conversation. Dean Yaeger was in the room, and he didn't sound happy. 

Dean Yaeger: This university will no longer continue any funding of any kind for your group's activities

Venkman: But the kids love us.

Dean Yaeger: Dr. Venkman, we believe that the purpose of science is to serve mankind. You, however, seem to regard science as some kind of 'dodge' or 'hustle.' Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable. You are a poor scientist Dr. Venkman.

Y/N cocked his head in agreement with the dean. Dr. Venkman did always seem odd and unorthodox to the young man. He once saw him try to see if people could guess what a women was wearing while blindfolded. Apparently, he said he was studying some kind of mental telepathy. Honestly, Y/N thought the doctor would appear better suited for a summer camp or one of those late night tv skits. 

Dean Yaeger: You have no place in this department, or in this university. 

The three men exited the room, contemplating what to do next. Y/N was about to leave when the door flung open and hit him in the nose. He let out a yell of pain. He looked up to see the dean looking at him.

Dean Yaeger: You're supposed to be in class, mister. Get off before I decide to hurt something worse then your nose.

Y/N: Does that include my pride, sir?