16 | in the middle of the lift

Start from the beginning

A fist collided with the male Titan's face. It almost felt like it was happening in slow motion.

Y/n's eyes widened. ''What the fuck?''

Both Titans fell off the building. A black haired Titan with pointy ears stood in front of them, letting out a loud yell that almost made Y/n's ears bleed.

''What's . . . that?'' Jean whispered.

''Are you seeing what I'm seeing . . .?'' Y/n asked, her eyes stuck on the new Titan as well.

Mikasa, Armin and Connie dropped into the building. Y/n's eyes widened even more, if possible. ''Mikasa!''

''Whew, it just ran out!'' Connie said as he hit his gas tank. ''We did it. Just barely!''

Y/n and Jean approached the three — Jean in shock, Y/n with a grin. ''You guys are alive?'' Jean asked.

Connie slapped Armin's back. ''We did it, Armin! Your plan was a success!'' Connie stood up, facing Y/n and Jean. ''Everyone, that Titan's an Abnormal that attacks other Titans! Not to mention it doesn't care about us! If we can make good use of it, we'll be able to get out of here!''

''Make good use . . . of a Titan?'' someone asked from the back.

''You think we'll be saved by a Titan?'' Jean asked in shock. ''Something that delusional—''

''It's far from delusional,'' Mikasa said. ''It doesn't matter what it is. All we need is for that Titan to continue its rampage. Realistically, that's our best plan for survival.''

Y/n leaned on the wall and peered out through the hole, watching as the Abnormal punched yet another Titan, sending it flying back. ''I mean, it's rampaging, alright."

———

Everyone had moved further into the building to hide and regroup. Y/n kicked a wooden door open, her eyes falling on a few long wooden crates. She walked over, Jean and a few other guys behind her as she open them. ''They're here!''

Everyone present grabbed a crate and brought it back to the main room. ''We found them! They're the Military Police Brigade's stock. There's a bit of dust on them, though.''

Y/n lined up all the bullets and counted them as other people handled the check-up of the weapons. She sighed once done and looked at Jean. ''There's only going to be about three bullets per shotgun.''

Jean nodded and started loading the shotgun he was holding. ''Will that really be enough? Besides, are guns going to be of any use against Titans?''

Armin, who looked over a map of the building Marco had found, looked at Jean. ''I think it'll be a lot better than not having them. If only seven three- and four-meter class titans are there, it's possible to blind them all simultaneously with this much firepower.'' He proceeded to explain his plan about filling the lift with people and using it to attract the Titans, thus exposing their napes. They'll blind them and then seven people will drop down and slash the Titans' napes. ''In other words, this plan bets everything — all of our lives — on a single attack. It's a strategy that'll allow seven people to take down a Titan each, all at the same time.''

The people Armin had chosen were Mikasa, Annie, Reiner, Connie, Sasha, Jean and Y/n. ''I'd like the seven most physically capable people to take up this task, though I apologize for burdening you guys with that responsibility.''

''No worries.'' Reiner smiled at him.

''Regardless of who does it, if they fail, we'll all die,'' Annie pointed out. ''The risk is the same.''

Armin looked down, doubting his plan. Marco reassured him that everything will be okay and it wasn't like they had any other plan. Mikasa joined in the reassurance, reminding him how much she and Eren had depended on him.